Home Precious Metals

Silvertowne special on again

Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
Sheets of 10 1 ounce bars for $204

LINK
"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any limit as to how many sheets of 10 that you can buy? Looks like a good deal on 1 oz name brand silver bars.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    limit of 5 per account. I bought 1 last time these were on sale and now it will only let me buy 4.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
    Just ordered 5 sheets. Thanks for the heads-up.

• lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks
    LCoopie = Les
  • Got 10 bars. Not to bad. Question is how are they making a profit after fees , pp and shipping? Hopefully they don't cancel like they did the ASE mistake.
  • Forgot to add a thanks to the op..... thank you
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how easy will it be to resell these for the same 94 cent premium?
  • Most dealers consider it generic silver so you know how that goes. I won't sell any of my stack till silver hits at least 30 an ounce. Years from now.

<< <i>So how easy will it be to resell these for the same 94 cent premium? >>

Can you find a better deal on 1 oz silver bars made by a recognized bullion manufacturer?

<< <i>

Can you find a better deal on 1 oz silver bars made by a recognized bullion manufacturer? >>

They are of no use to me if they aren't easy to resell. Besides after the gold Kennedy fiasco, that seller is not on my itching to buy from list.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Can you find a better deal on 1 oz silver bars made by a recognized bullion manufacturer? >>

not till later this year or sometime next year

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

For the money, I consider this a better deal

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• On their website they have 10oz bars at $.79 over with free ship. The 1oz are about the same as the ebay deal with free shipping also, and I don't think you're as limited in quantity.

10 oz silvertowne bars
    Nevermind...
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

They are of no use to me if they aren't easy to resell. Besides after the gold Kennedy fiasco, that seller is not on my itching to buy from list. >>

dang i would think theknowitalltroll would put business before any fiasco, or one may not do biz with anyone!!!...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

They are of no use to me if they aren't easy to resell. Besides after the gold Kennedy fiasco, that seller is not on my itching to buy from list. >>

dang i would think theknowitalltroll would put business before any fiasco, or one may not do biz with anyone!!!... >>

My disdain for doing business with such folk isn't going to make or break them. I'm not dumb enough to cut off my nose to spite my face tho. First off, I have no interest in bars unless someone "prices them right" as you mentioned in another thread. That would be selling them below spot. There are plenty of other competitive places to buy from; I don't need to knowingly support the scummy ones. Agree with derryb that the RCM bars are as good of a buy. I'm not a stacker and those bars would be too hard to flip around here.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    That would be selling them below spot

Good luck with that bro. I'll have the stuff buried with me before selling below Spot. Will never be that desperate.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

<< <i>

<< <i>

For the money, I consider this a better deal >>

I specifically asked about 1 oz silver bars. So far no one has shown me a better deal on name brand 1 oz bars. That said, I do like the 10 oz RCM silver bars and have several of them.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "10 people have bought this deal in the past hour"
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>That would be selling them below spot

Good luck with that bro. I'll have the stuff buried with me before selling below Spot. Will never be that desperate. >>

Well he didn't say what he meant by priced right. Even the mint doesn't sell below spot, but I'll bet there are times when they've sold below cost. Obviously, priced right isn't the same to all folks.
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the RCM 10oz bars just picked some up for myself at $1.10 over. As for silver town being reputable manufacturer, Ive never liked the quality of their product and never pay an extra premium for anything they make over the counter or for myself.

As for 1 oz Bars Rand Refinery makes decent bars. They just had a special on their left over product(Dated Snake Bars) from last year. Not sure what the price was direct from them, but we are retailing them at $1.25 over.

<< <i>I really like the RCM 10oz bars just picked some up for myself at $1.10 over. As for silver town being reputable manufacturer, Ive never liked the quality of their product and never pay an extra premium for anything they make over the counter or for myself.

As for 1 oz Bars Rand Refinery makes decent bars. They just had a special on their left over product(Dated Snake Bars) from last year. Not sure what the price was direct from them, but we are retailing them at $1.25 over. >>

Does ST strike their own bars or is it subbed out? As far as fakes, forgeries, etc. which brand is the most respected in the marketplace, in your opinion?
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which brand is most respected? JM & Engelhard are at the top for premiums. Sunshine makes great products, their 10oz bars fly out the door along with their new 1oz bars.

But as always the big seller will always be ASE and Canada ML's. Ive seen terrible fakes of both, nothing that would/should pass the look test.

Only fakes Ive seen come in here were Scottsdale 1oz bars, which were very very good fakes. It was more the person that gave it away then the bars.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    go to our least favorite fake-to-fake site and you will find fake APMEX, MCM, ST, and others

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • This might be the 1st and last time I deal with st. 6 days and they have not even printed a shipping label. What a joke. I have been buying a lot from JM and I pay by check and they move faster then st.

<< <i>This might be the 1st and last time I deal with st. 6 days and they have not even printed a shipping label. What a joke. I have been buying a lot from JM and I pay by check and they move faster then st. >>

My order has been shipped with expected delivery on Monday. I'm curious as to why you are in a such big hurry to get your silver. I'm just going to put my silver into long term storage so it doesn't really matter how fast I get it as long as I get it eventually. I can understand a coin dealer wanting to get their silver bars in a timely manner so they can start selling them to their retail customers but in my case timeliness takes a back seat to buying at a good price.

• << <i>

<< <i>This might be the 1st and last time I deal with st. 6 days and they have not even printed a shipping label. What a joke. I have been buying a lot from JM and I pay by check and they move faster then st. >>

My order has been shipped with expected delivery on Monday. I'm curious as to why you are in a such big hurry to get your silver. I'm just going to put my silver into long term storage so it doesn't really matter how fast I get it as long as I get it eventually. I can understand a coin dealer wanting to get their silver bars in a timely manner so they can start selling them to their retail customers but in my case timeliness takes a back seat to buying at a good price. >>

When I make an ebay purchase I like to see it ship in 24-48 hours. I usually order from JM and send a check. They ship within 5 days of getting the check buy a company that has my money instantly takes longer then a check? I am 31 now and don't plan on selling it for a LONG time. What I am saying is don't take my instant payment and hold my product. A check should NEVER be faster then instant payment....... my 2 cents
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish these PM pushers would stop with all the specials.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

<< <i>I really wish these PM pushers would stop with all the specials. >>

Why?

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Why? >>

Aahh....because every time they do PMs fall in price shortly thereafter!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps you could just not open them?

LCoopie = Les

<< <i>

<< <i>

Why? >>

Aahh....because every time they do PMs fall in price shortly thereafter! >>

Especially when I take advantage of the special.image

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Why? >>

Aahh....because every time they do PMs fall in price shortly thereafter! >>

Especially when I take advantage of the special.image >>

Don't feel alone! image
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • $188.99 now for 10 bars.

They also have the Bald Eagle design at $189.99 and the Morgan rounds at $196.99.

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    I think we will see a big inrease in spot price around midyear of 2022.......triggered by the President Cruz impeachment trial.....image

<< <i>$188.99 now for 10 bars.

They also have the Bald Eagle design at $189.99 and the Morgan rounds at $196.99. >>

Pith on em. I couldn't sell their bars around here anyway.