Home Sports Talk

Tony Stewart to race Sunday night

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
To the watchers of NASCAR, will you be cheering for him,hope he loses,or just don't care. Should he wait to race until the investigation officially ends? Authorities stated that they need 2 more weeks to investigate the incident.
Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I am curious. What would happen to any of us if we were involved in an automobile accident that resulted in someone's death? Would the police allow us to retain our driver's license and continue driving while an investigation was pending? I find it hard to believe that they would.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Let him race, he is just going to lose anyway.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am curious. What would happen to any of us if we were involved in an automobile accident that resulted in someone's death? Would the police allow us to retain our driver's license and continue driving while an investigation was pending? I find it hard to believe that they would. >>

I guess when someone runs on to the road, the responsibility is pretty much determined.

<< <i>I guess when someone runs on to the road, the responsibility is pretty much determined. >>

Not if the driver goes out of their way to hit them. The responsibility has not been determined yet. That is why there is still an investigation. I doubt that any of us would be allowed to drive again until the investigation was over. I just want Tony Stewart to be treated the same way that the rest of us would be treated under similar circumstances. It's a little thing called "equal protection".
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the guy got out of his car and ran across the race track......the fault was pretty much determined.
    I suppose that you guys are right. I'm sure that it wasn't intentional. Very tragic for everyone involved.