Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I miss ripping packs, submitting cards and the thrill of getting high grades.

Title says it all. Thinking about buying a case of cards (sports or non-sports) that's relatively cheap in order to fix my desire to rip wax and submit cards.

What are some good (cheap) sets to consider?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Not super cheap but 1986 Topps Traded are fun if the cases are still out there
  • Options
    I had some fun opening Prizm Hockey and submitting all the rookies/inserts in for grading. Received some Gem Mint grades on the rookies and inserts.
    Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe 1986 topps baseball. Still kind of cheap and some of the cards can go for decent dollars. I think the nolan Ryan goes for much more than some of his prior issues and the unopened cost is a fraction of the earlier years. No rookies but you still have all the hof players.

All the unopened before that is pricey and there aren't many cards from 87 on that will get you your money back. I think the highest price card from 87-92 topps is the 88 ripken for some reason.

Edit: I don't want this to seem like it's all about money but you did mention "thrill" which I assume comes from the possibility of getting a high dollar card even if you don't ever sell it. If you'd get a thrill out of building a whole set of psa 10 88 topps that's great.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I miss ripping packs, submitting cards and the thrill of getting high grades.

Which of the 3 things you mention is no longer happening? The ripping, the submitting or getting high grades??
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"