Home Sports Talk

Questions for the Seattle residents/fans--going to the opener

Hi, I'm going to the opener this Thursday. I'm flying in to Sea-Tac Airport and staying at the Hilton Seattle. I was thinking being that the hotel is close to CenturyLink Field, that a rental car wasn't necessary. Apparently it's only 1 1/2 miles from the hotel to the stadium. Would it be better to get a rental, or just go with taxis/public transportation/walk? Also, other than the first Starbucks within walking distance, is there anything else worth seeing?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Starbucks is right next to Pike Place Market, which is worth seeing once. If you like baseball jerseys, a visit to Ebbets Field Flannels is a must.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    If you're that close to the field, I don't know if I would rent a car. As already said, it's very walkable and there is a ton to see. Have a good time, and watch out for sneaky undercover officers
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just walk south, down 1st Ave. Lots of interesting things to see.

Pike Place Market is a must see. Skip the Space Needle, IMO.

Just North of the stadiums is 'Pioneer Square', a very historic area. It's on 1st Ave. Not sure you will have time, but you could take a tour of underground Seattle, which starts down there. Pretty amazing story that even many locals are unaware of. Tour.

When walking back after the game, a lot of people will be walking north with you. Stick with the herd, as Pioneer Square is a bit sketchy at night.

Go Hawks!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Just want to say, as a New Yorker who has experienced all the greatness of the Yankees during their World Series, The Rangers during their Stanley Cup, and Philadelphia during their World Series run, no city and I mean no city, comes close to Seattle when it comes to devotion for their teams. I was completely amazed by the opener and just the vibe on Friday after the win. It is truly something to see how a city comes together for their team.

If you've never been to Seattle, do yourself a favor and make it there. You will not be disappointed.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you had a good time here. Last week was pretty magical around town.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Wow, those are some kind words for the region, as the fans come from all over.