Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My Jeter SP Rookie - Your thoughts

After reading the other Jeter post, I thought I would post a scan of my Jeter rookie that I was thinking of sending in for review. Your thoughts?

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

Comments

• bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    can you do a scan of the back as well? maybe even close ups of the corners and edges.

just on first blush, bottom left corner looks to show a touch of white, i would imagine that probably prevents the bump.
  • CounselorCounselor Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭
    Might be worth trying because of huge jump in value, however I see some small surface issues on left side.

Great card either way
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably won't bump.

However $ value could mean a try.

Beaut either way
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Half-Point Grades:

Cards that exhibit high-end qualities within each particular grade, between PSA Good 2 and PSA Mint 9, may achieve a half-point increase. While PSA graders will evaluate all of the attributes possessed by a card in order to determine if the card may be eligible, there will be a clear focus on centering.

Generally speaking, a card must exhibit centering that is 5-10% better, at minimum, than the lowest % allowed within a particular grade. It is important to note that there may be cases where the overall strength of the card, such as the quality of the corners and print, will give the card the edge it needs despite the fact that it may exhibit only marginal centering for the grade. This is especially true for cards that find themselves within the bottom half of the PSA 1-10 scale.

Finally, keep in mind that qualifiers will not apply to grades that achieve the half-point increase since, by definition, these cards have to exhibit high-end qualities within the grade in order to warrant consideration. For example, there will not be cards graded PSA NM-MT-Plus 8.5 OC or PSA EX-MT-Plus 6.5 PD since the half-point is reserved for high-end cards within each grade.

At this time, only cards qualify for half-point grades. Coins, pins, tickets and packs will not receive half-point grades.

In other words, if the centering on the card is 60/40 to 65/35 or better on the front, with no fraying at a corner, it will be bumped to a PSA MINT 9. Even if it has "a minor printing imperfection".
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."