Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Cello pack sequence of 1975 and 1976 topps football

Does anyone know the sequencing of cards in cello packs from the 1975 and 1976 topps football packs?
"Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd

Comments

• 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    If I knew the senquencing there is no way I would tell anyone. This makes the value of the other packs without stars be worth much less.
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also important to note that there are several different sequences leading to a particular card and that sequencing will typically break several times within a 1970s rack or cello pack.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    I'm actually happy to know that Tim. Thanks for the information. I did find an interesting thread on this board from 2009 regarding this when I was looking it up.
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    This may sound elitist but Yes I know the cards that led to fouts and Payton but I've never used it to buy any packs.

I'm on my best behavior for these 2 years and please don't ask me to share

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This may sound elitist but Yes I know the cards that led to fouts and Payton but I've never used it to buy any packs.

I'm on my best behavior for these 2 years and please don't ask me to share >>

Do you know which cards lead to the 1952 Mantle? I have to decide which '52 cello pack I should buy. image
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Whenever I see a cello with no stars showing get bid up on ebay, I take note since that usually means the people with sequencing knowledge know something good might be inside.

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Whenever I see a cello with no stars showing get bid up on ebay, I take note since that usually means the people with sequencing knowledge know something good might be inside. >>

Or Curt Schilling is bidding.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm actually happy to know that Tim. Thanks for the information. I did find an interesting thread on this board from 2009 regarding this when I was looking it up. >>

NP, Steven~in my experience, sequencing is not widely known among those selling (or even bidding) on ebay. And though your chances obviously improve to pull a certain card if you have opened enough packs to realize the sequence involved, it is not guaranteed by any means. If it ran that true, every rack pack would have same card on front & back. For 1970s baseball, at least, there are various sequences that lead to certain cards, and sequencing can often switch after as few as a couple of cards.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    I don't think we should be giving out sequencing publicly or at all. We'd be ruining the fun and gamble of ripping these packs
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection