Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA is not issuing vouchers anymore?

Was told from PSA that they are not using vouchers for n9, n6, n8 anymore and they stated they dont charge your credit card until the order is graded to zero out the difference. I been waiting for a month for 6 vouchers and 1 free voucher from a collector club n9 but havent seen them cause I paid with a check, I know a check lol.. Anyone know where to find your account credits ? I cant find it anywhere.
# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10

Comments

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Was told from PSA that they are not using vouchers for n9, n6, n8 anymore and they stated they dont charge your credit card until the order is graded to zero out the difference. I been waiting for a month for 6 vouchers and 1 free voucher from a collector club n9 but havent seen them cause I paid with a check, I know a check lol.. Anyone know where to find your account credits ? I cant find it anywhere. >>

Same issue, I always pay by check and have no idea how/if a credit will be issued now, I have a few coming to me also.
  • StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    I like the new way they do it if you pay by CC. Since they don't charge it until they are graded, they just don't charge you for the ones that they used to send vouchers for. I like that, so I don't feel like I have to use a voucher. It's more money for them if they just kept the vouchers going, since I am sure a lot didn't get redeemed.

It also allows you to send in the same card more than once if it got a min size req - perhaps it slips through the second time.

Sorry not to answer your question, I'm not sure how they are now doing it for checks.
  • I don't know what PSA will do if you pay by money order or check. You should probably call them. However, here's what I've been told:

(1) If you paid by credit card, PSA will not charge your credit card until the submission has been graded. For the cards that were not graded, and for which you would have received a voucher in the past, then credit card will simply not be charged for those cards when the submission is charged. For example, if your submission was for $100, and grading was $5/card, if one card was not graded, your credit would only be charged $95 instead of $100. Therefore no voucher, but instead an immediate "refund" is given.

(2) If you send a Collectors Club Renewal voucher to PSA, and cards from that submission are not graded, you will also not receive a voucher anymore like you did in the past. Instead, PSA will store your free submission credits in their system. For example, if you had a 15 card free submission through the renewal voucher, and 2 cards were not graded, you will have a credit for 2 free cards at that voucher service level in the PSA system. You will not receive a voucher in the email. When you want to use that credit, you simply put on your submission form that you have the credit in their system (and probably should mention the original submission # w/ those credits), and that's it. Sometimes it may not be cost effective to just send a submission w/ 1-2 cards just for that voucher. So what I have done is to renew my membership again even if my current membership has not expired. Then I receive a new 15 card renewal voucher. I use this voucher and add the credit from the old one, so if I have a 2 card credit in their system, now I can send 17 cards to PSA w/ my new renewal voucher and the 2 voucher cards that I had on credit w/ PSA. This works, and I did this recently.

(3) If you send an item to PSA/DNA, your credit card will be charged immediately, unlike for cards. Therefore, for ungraded items, you will still receive a voucher like in the past for this. If you don't receive a voucher within a couple of weeks, you may need to contact PSA regarding this. I had this occur on my last submission for photos for Type designation to PSA. One of the photos was unable to render opinion. After I called PSA, they said that they would send me a voucher for this.
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    put a note on your submission. submission # XXXXX , 1 of XX ungraded credit and that should do it. That is how I had to do it with my collectors club voucher when i had a couple minimum size cards on there
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spoke to them. They told me what the credit on my account is, and said that when paying by check I should just cite that credit on the sub and deduct it. Very efficient as usual!