Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Coin identifying help! (Europe)

Hey, so yesterday was a great day for me. I went through several bags of coins and got 75 of them for only 15 dollars, which I think is a pretty square deal. I got everything from Louis XIII to Pre-Italian states to Napoleon.. it was great.

Some were in good condition but there were others where that wasn't so much the case. Here are 6 that I found and can't really identify, help would be appreciated from you experts.

(too big to attach)
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a588/jeff_schultz3/Coins_zpsf94c94ef.png

Here's what I can tell you, if you can't see it from the above pics

Coin A- You can see head of the person, I think it's a guy wearing a wig. There is a ribbon in his hair. The date is 17x4. I think it's 0 or 6. The back is someone standing, holding possibly a flag. It's very hard to see, i don't think you can even make it out on the scan. But it is a person standing with a helmet on, with I think a flag.

Coin B- I can't believe google searches didn't help. I cannot make out the words but the pictures are very unique in my opinion. Side one is that strange type of cross, and I can make out the letters 'MEVS'. The back is 3 fleur di lys around an M with a crown over it. I'm thinking the M is a mint mark? But it is three fleur de lys, one under, one to the left and one to the right of the M and then a crown above the M.

Coin C- this is a wild card. I can't really tell you anything about it, except for that cool looking cross. Fleur de lys are coming out of the cross, it seems.

Coin D- looks like it might be a wreath on the back. But the front is very unique looking. I feel like if someone knows it they'll recognize it right away. A shield with a crown? I can see all the letters but they seem like gibberish or very shortened latin. THEEHSDGRIHBRA?? I have no idea lol

Coin E-I can't believe google didn't help, again. The front is the bust which you can see nicely. Around it it says Admirabile Opvs Excslsi. The back is an eagle or other bird looking up at a sun with rays.

Coin F- Front is the bust, back is the shield with the 3 fleur de lys and a crown over it.

I hope that makes sense? I know this is asking a lot but I'm hoping someone will know what I'm talking about. I hate not being able to recognize coins I have. Thanks in advance, even just for reading this far !

-Jeff

Comments