Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Favrefan's new collecting focus

My New Collecting Focus

Sorry for the drawn out post but I have been mulling this over for a good 12-18 months and I finally made a decision.

My current "collection" is a cluster of graded and raw Green Bay Packer cards from 1935 to 2014. Speckled around the Packer cards are my Pro Football Hall of Fame Rookie Collection, my Green Bay Packer Hall of Fame Rookie Collection and my 1972 Topps football set.

I have set registries for each and every Packer team set registered from 1935 to 1989. I have all of the key Football card sets for the Packers registered too. This has become too difficult and costly for me to complete. Sadly, I am going to unregister the majority of my Packer sets and sell off the graded cards I do not need for the Green Bay Packer HOF set.

I also have 15,000 "other" football cards I am going to be selling so I can focus and downsize the collection. I will be putting up a for sale page on the PSA boards and link to my other message boards I am on.

Link to the sale thread

The results of the sale will allow me to focus on my collecting priorities below.

- Focus on my new collecting goals in order of priority
- Upgrade and get 100% on my Green Bay Packer HOF set. This is the set I created some years back and has blossomed into my favorite set to find upgrades for.
- Creating a matting of my favorite baseball players cards by position for the man cave. I am grabbing two players from each position that are my favorite player that I have seen or admired as a kid. It is going to be physically huge but will be a cornerstone of my collection once it is done. Many of you have put cards in this already via Secret Santa and the Pay it Forward thread on PSA.
- Bart Starr basic set. As a Packer fan this is a must.
- Lynn Dickey basic and master sets - find the tough to find master set cards raw and grade them
- James Lofton master set - keep set at 100% while finding more cards to add. I have had the #1 set for 9 straight years at 100%
- Continue to collect 1980's Topps Packers PSA 9 or 10
- Continue to buy raw Packer cards I don't have from 1935-2014
- Slowly work on my 1972 set in PSA 8

#1.5 Get my Pro Football HOF Rookie set to 90% and retire it
- Yup, that is what I said. I will be retiring my HOF rookie set once I hit 90% this year with the money raised from these sales. Most of my new focus will be funded by piecing out this set. Also, if you have any of the cards I need in low grade raw of low to mid grade graded please let me know.

My HOF Rookie Set

#2 - Upgrade the drum set so I can teach my daughter how to play. Need new cymbals and better stands. She is already taking lessons outside of the house but I want her to have a solid set that she is proud of.

Anyhow, please look for my sale thread as I get all of this scanned and uploaded.

Troy

Comments