Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Recent 4x ebay bucks pickup

I took advantage of one of the recent ebay bonus offers and picked this one up. I've always liked this card and the set and this looked like a nice example for the grade and the price. Very excited to get this in the mail last night.

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
www.questfortherookiecup.com

Comments

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, I just got that same card a week or so ago-- for some reason I have always liked it as well. Just something about how the whole card comes together-- the ethereal halo around his signature, the smiling portrait, the dirt on the field, plus '56 is such a pleasing design. That Ted is just an awesome baseball card. Great pickup and great eye appeal.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    Awesome card! 56 Topps is my favorite design of all time, and as a Sox fan of course I approve of Ted! Well done.
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dude, I just got that same card a week or so ago-- for some reason I have always liked it as well. Just something about how the whole card comes together-- the ethereal halo around his signature, the smiling portrait, the dirt on the field, plus '56 is such a pleasing design. That Ted is just an awesome baseball card. Great pickup and great eye appeal. >>

LOL. Well, I guess I should really give you alot of credit on this one. I had been watching your thread of your pickups recently and loved how you were picking up some mid grade cards with really nice centering. I know the one I picked up has a little tilt but I loved the centering and the presentation. Thanks for the kind words.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Williams there! Congrats on a great card. It helps to have the 4X eBay bucks - comes out to an 8% rebate.
    Daniel