Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Might be a stupid question but that has never stopped me before

I have a few unopened boxes of cards (1984 & 1985 Topps Football wax, 1983 Topps Baseball etc) that appear to have the original cello wrapping around them. Would getting these boxes wrapped by BBCE add any additional premium when time to sell? Thanks, Tom

Comments

• Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    don't think these should have had original cello wrapping in the first place
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    I don't think there is such a thing as original cello for those years. A store may have added it at the time, but I think topps sold without shrink wrap. Where did you get the boxes?

Edit: I will work on my posting speed.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Tom, those boxes weren't factory wrapped by Topps and, yes, getting them certified by BBCE will absolutely add to the resale value.

Snorto~
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that those boxes weren't wrapped at the factory. I would remove the wrap and send them to BBCE.
    James
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    ok thanks guys. I actually bought the boxes from BBCE the past few years.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ok thanks guys. I actually bought the boxes from BBCE the past few years. >>

Steve didn't put his sticker on the wrap?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>ok thanks guys. I actually bought the boxes from BBCE the past few years. >>

Steve didn't put his sticker on the wrap? >>

Honest question: Doesn't that cost an extra 5%?
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Honest question: Doesn't that cost an extra 5%? >>

When you buy a box from BBCE it's wrapped with their sticker/logo. Only when you send a box in for authentication/wrapping is there a 5% charge.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Honest question: Doesn't that cost an extra 5%? >>

When you buy a box from BBCE it's wrapped with their sticker/logo. Only when you send a box in for authentication/wrapping is there a 5% charge. >>

Correct.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Since no one has mentioned it yet I will add that those boxes you have were not wrapped by Topps.

Hope this helps.
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Just have Steve at BBCE sign the cello wrapping and have it psa/DNA authenticated. When time to sell...You should get a higher premium than the BBCE logo shrink wrap.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums