Home Precious Metals
Options

Will Janet Yellen be a fan of SP500-2000?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did we 40 and 50 somethings leave this country a better place for our kids? Absolutely not

I think you mean 50 and 60 somethings. The 40s are the offspring if the early baby boomers, thank you very muchimage. And as a group we are paying for the, as you may say, "ill gotten gains" of those just ahead of us in the age bracket. Health insurance sure is cheap when there are no old folk. But now when the bulk of the population is late 50s to 60s (age at when poor life style calls home the chickens image ), well then its someone else's fault, right?. Such a cruel world, eh?

To add: The average age of a senator in 1987 was 54. In 2007 was 62. Only 10% of this years senators are in their 40s. >>

Fair enough, but a 45 year old citizen has been voting (or not voting) for 24 years. That takes us back to 1990 and the choices since then have not been steller.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look at demographics. There are more people aged 50-65 than there are 35-50. Younger voters never have a chance.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>Take a look at demographics. There are more people aged 50-65 than there are 35-50. Younger voters never have a chance. >>

Except in the 2008 presidential election. 18% of the vote was those between the ages of 18 and 29. They voted for the race winner by slightly better than a 2/1 margin. 30 to 39 voters also voted heavily in favor of the blue side.
  • Options
    Not quite sure of your point. Are you blaming the "blue side" for current "problems".

I think its good to see more young people voting. The voting population is finally becoming more equal--soon we may no longer have one age demographic dictating political, economic, and social direction. Maybe thats why that particular age group is so worried about the future?image

• Options
    Fed member Richard Fisher seemed to spook the markets today. Maybe 2000 on the SP is indeed the target.
  • Options
    Well, if we are going to have a correction of 10 percent or more in US equities, or even a 2014 Q1 all over again, may as well get it over with now...I didn't check my accounts yesterday, and I'm not going to check them until they are back up. I am definitely holding on to what I got.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, if we are going to have a correction of 10 percent or more in US equities, or even a 2014 Q1 all over again, may as well get it over with now...I didn't check my accounts yesterday, and I'm not going to check them until they are back up. I am definitely holding on to what I got. >>

Like I wrote before, you will eventually own a portfolio of losers.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, if we are going to have a correction of 10 percent or more in US equities, or even a 2014 Q1 all over again, may as well get it over with now...I didn't check my accounts yesterday, and I'm not going to check them until they are back up. I am definitely holding on to what I got. >>

Like I wrote before, you will eventually own a portfolio of losers. >>

Other than making insults and generalized predictions, you got any specific predictions, Mr Nostrodamus? Put your money where your mouth is and tell the whole board that you are shorting the stocks I own, if you think my stocks are all gonna flop. And we will see whether or not your prediction ever comes true. If it doesn't, I will be sure to remind you.
  • Options
    I do not need to prove to you but you need to prove to yourself, and I have no doubt you will succeed.

Your comments are hypocritical which display arrogance. The stock market does not take kindly to arrogance.

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    All stocks, metals, commodities, etc. will be winners and losers at any time. One person's long is another person's short and vice versa. One makes money on the fall, the other makes money on the long if you have that many years ahead of you to ride it out. Part of Warren Buffet's success is because he is 1000 years old and he's had time to ride the ups and downs for awhile. One of his favorite words is to hold something "forever". Now, will ALL of CRH's picks still be kickin' in 40-50 years? That's yet to be determined. The consensus is to get in and stay in to well established, well known, strong, well managed companies. That's the way it's been done in the past. I know, I know.....this time it's different.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>One makes money on the fall, the other makes money on the long if you have that many years ahead of you to ride it out. >>

Another reason why the fed prints money. Folks will proudly show off the collectible that cost $100 in 1968 and is now worth $1000. Did they really make a profit......no, after paying cap gain tax, probably a wash. Inflation though, lets us all look smart as the nominal numbers keep rising.

The 40 year old man in Japan that happened to invest his life savings into the Nikkei at its peak in 1989 is now 65 and has a real Yen loss of 60%, less some tepid dividend returns.

That is certainly the exception, but buying near high valuation tops can be expensive.

If CRH truly has the fortitude to accumulate not only when the world thinks it is great, but through the lean times when equities are greatly maligned, he will probably do well.

• Options

<< <i>I do not need to prove to you but you need to prove to yourself, and I have no doubt you will succeed.

Your comments are hypocritical which display arrogance. The stock market does not take kindly to arrogance. >>

You are a complete idiot. Shut up.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I do not need to prove to you but you need to prove to yourself, and I have no doubt you will succeed.

Your comments are hypocritical which display arrogance. The stock market does not take kindly to arrogance. >>

You are a complete idiot. Shut up. >>

Previously you wrote...Other than making insults

You did it!!! I knew you would succeed. image

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Y all the commotion over an account with an insignificant amount of capital, and no plan?...

Any recognize Napoleon syndrome??? Lol...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to bail out?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    People without the confidence or honesty to disclose their investments to others can play armchair analyst all day long. This person says my picks suck but doesn't have the guts to tell the board her picks. I will make money while she will lose money if she really has the guts to short my picks, as she suggests you should "they will all be losers."
  • Options

<< <i>People without the confidence or honesty to disclose their investments to others can play armchair analyst all day long. This person says my picks suck but doesn't have the guts to tell the board her picks. I will make money while she will lose money if she really has the guts to short my picks, as she suggests you should "they will all be losers." >>

Excellent definitions of naivety, ignorance, and arrogance.

Why do you hate women? Why do you feel they are inferior?

• Options
    Prolly cause he just figured out Occam's razor screws up the "theory"... Tough pill to swallow...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>People without the confidence or honesty to disclose their investments to others can play armchair analyst all day long. This person says my picks suck but doesn't have the guts to tell the board her picks. I will make money while she will lose money if she really has the guts to short my picks, as she suggests you should "they will all be losers." >>

Excellent definitions of naivety, ignorance, and arrogance.

Why do you hate women? Why do you feel they are inferior? >>

You make no sense at all. Why do you say I hate women? Are the voices inside your head telling you that?
  • Options
    No, the words you write do.

• Options

<< <i>No, the words you write do. >>

You are making no sense at all. You aren't being logical. Please walk me through my words and explain to me why they show I hate women.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of Warren Buffet's success is because he is 1000 years old

lol!

He's pretty good at buying politicians, too.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Part of Warren Buffet's success is because he is 1000 years old

lol!

He's pretty good at buying politicians, too. >>

and the right information. "Takes money to make money."

• Options

<< <i>Part of Warren Buffet's success is because he is 1000 years old

lol!

He's pretty good at buying politicians, too. >>

Interesting that Warrens Geico imposes a surcharge* on those without a college degree.

He entrusts though his huge charitable donations to a man that was a college dropout.

*They of course call it a discount for graduates.
  • Options
    Cash is my favorite asset class. I thought everyone knew that.

Had the FED done nothing, cash would be everyone s favorite asset.

• Options

<< <i>

You are making no sense at all. You aren't being logical. Please walk me through my words and explain to me why they show I hate women. >>

I would, but think life will prove a better teacher.

• Options
    L'Chaim...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    wee wee que pasa

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You are making no sense at all. You aren't being logical. Please walk me through my words and explain to me why they show I hate women. >>

I would, but think life will prove a better teacher. >>

I knew you wouldn't be able to.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I would, but think life will prove a better teacher. >>

I knew you wouldn't be able to. >>

You are so smart, but at the ripe old age of 22, im surprised you decided to stop learning. I am 100% confident life has a few more lessons for you. Fortunately, I do not think they will come cheaply. image

BTW---Thanks for the entertainment. image

• Options
    Lack of confidence never materializes as success. Lack of confidence is fear. Overconfidence is greed. I think right now we have over and under-confidence in both PMs and stocks. And im getting excited about the opportunities. image

• Options