Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1987 classic cards - Bo Jackson

the classic game cards - Bo Jackson now has a pop 86 psa 10, wow, that jumped up and over 200 psa 9's. It looks as if the classic travel green back Bo jackson may be a little harder to obtain only 9 10's and 20 9's.
Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't figure it out either, the green Game cards sell for a significant amount more for all players with much greater POPs than the yellow/green Travel Updates. My Larkin PSA10 is a pop 5 that I think I paid half of what the green Game one goes for. The 87 yellow/yellow Travel Update are by far the easiest to get 10s on.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that anyone that may have owned one has already sold it....

The flood waters are rising!
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope that anyone that may have owned one has already sold it....

The flood waters are rising! >>

Haha

You beat me to the punch image
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Some dummy was willing to bid on a lot of 30 of them tonight, luckily he was just outbid @80ea image
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPeck, I would be interested to hear some market analysis once these are sold by PWCC and possibly come back up for sale individually. Due to the isolation of those that may not have the funds to secure 30 of these, do you think the PSA 10s would still command anywhere near the prices they had previously?
  • Options

<< <i>DPeck, I would be interested to hear some market analysis once these are sold by PWCC and possibly come back up for sale individually. Due to the isolation of those that may not have the funds to secure 30 of these, do you think the PSA 10s would still command anywhere near the prices they had previously? >>

This is what I wrote in the other thread.

30 PSA 10 lot

How did this card become so easy in a 10 after years of not being?

Also what is the logic of offering so many all at once? I get that hoarding is popular but it would seem to me that you would lose a lot of interest due to the resources required to potentially win.

• Options
    PSA 10

Here is an individual sale that took place today. The trend on this card appears to be lower in general with subsequent completed sales declining. This feels like catching a falling knife to me.

Pop report

104 PSA 10's at this point.
  • Options
    Have a feeling someone found a few sealed cases that just happened to be somewhat centered. The Bo is usually OC and soft corners. Believe he was the top card in the cellophane wrapping.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Crazy poppage increase. I remember when kingbees was popping the first and I hit the 2nd or 3rd.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Many, many of the 10s that popped for this card started to have fuzzy edges, tilt and chipping. I'm not sure why the grading standards seem to have laxed so much on the card. Definitely pay attention to the card and not the holder in this case.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of the 9's are now 10's. I popped the first two 10's and I think #'s 100 and 101. Very cool card. Let's see if those 30 PSA 10's hit the market. I sold my last one today for $194...Dpeck posted the link. I have some sealed boxes to open still. Really great card I loved when I was a kid.
  • Options
    RaulsmasterRaulsmaster Posts: 663 ✭✭
    I think it was a pretty good buy for 3500. It's always gonna be an iconic card and it will never lose its cool factor w collectors.
    It never leaves you...
  • Options

<< <i>I think it was a pretty good buy for 3500. It's always gonna be an iconic card and it will never lose its cool factor w collectors. >>

At $115 a card vs. a single card selling yesterday for $194 is pretty good cushion to work with.