Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

1864 New Brunswick Canada One Cent coin! Ebay 99 cents!

Have it on ebay! Starting bid 99 cents! Search user thedm005! Thanks

Comments

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting..
    Sorry to reply the way I do, but I simply need to do this.
    I am not sure what you are trying to promote in your Feebay listing?
    Is it your NB 1864??
    or is it Feebays Global rip-off service?

you have coins listed which can be bought on Ebay for $2 and are often found in a dealers Junk box. Sometimes shipping is even free so the seller can get rid of it. A smart seller would bundle these very low cost coins and have low shipping just to get rid of them. check out what they sold for, not listed as and u will see.
    the Grade on the NB cent is , IMO, G6.. and that is already stretched. ListPrice for it is $ CAN 3 in Canadian Coin News - Trends, the latest pricing.
    Your shipping is $ 16......
    does that make any sense?
    I am sure you simply forgot to unmark the default setting "global shipping. ( and please, try not to get sucked in to this "secure shipping and insurance thingy". at these price levels it nothing but a really bad scam were only Feebay makes $$$.
    if you like to see what I mean, please sign in to Ebay Canada ebay.ca and look at your listing "from the outside in".
    you will be amazed who makes money here....Feebay only.
    you can still change it before u have ANY bids, even bids from the US.
    u have shipping within the USA for 3.50....
    would you purposely buy a coin where it doubles the price , but not the value?
    Bad business... very bad.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you located YQQ? The shipping shows up at $3.49 to me.

Berating a seller is also in bad taste, in my opinion. A seller can ask whatever they want; no one is twisting anyone's arm to bid. If the shipping is too high, people simply won't bid and the coin will go unsold. It is what it is.

Here is a link to all of the eBay items.
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes low end auctions that are break even can be used as good feedback builders to gain trust in the market place. These are truly low end listings though.
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>tBerating a seller is also in bad taste, in my opinion >>

Totally agree and against the rules set forth on the US B/S/T.

99c start with $3.50 shipping is excessive considering he is losing money on shipping if he sends with Tracking. Remember eBay and PayPal take their cut on shipping also.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
    Before you guys do this " berating thing" , I suggest you read the post again!
    and think seriously what it was all about.
    it is very easy and convenient to jump to immediate ( perhaps wrong)conclusions
    turn your page and ask yourself this:
    is it really berating? or is it just trying to make someone aware of a situation.
    I bet, none of you signed in to .ca, right?
    seller posted a coin , but no link.
    He is way out with his pricing and shipping.
    and just like you guys, He does not know what Feebay does when the listing is shown on other than Feebay.com.
    try it yourself, and please, then lets hear from you again.
    You do not need to defend your original position at all. but when you sign in on Feebay .ca... your eyes will open...
    Perhaps I could have taken a softer approach. But WHY?? facts are facts.
    so, HOW would you guys have approached this? I am always open to learn....
    ok, a simple question: would you pay 5 times plus for shipping than the actual value of the object? lets hear it...without sugar coating... please...
    and please, since you criticized, do not say : I would not have.
    Oh yes, one more thing: I am sure, the seller had NO idea about what was going on " behind" his back . he simply did not notice the Feebay default setting hidden in foreign shipping..
    brg5658
    I am in Canada and that is, last time I checked, outside the USA... even sometimes I wonder..
    " Sometimes low end auctions that are break even can be used as good feedback builders to gain trust in the market place. These are truly low end listings though. "'
    BUT, who would buy it at 5-7 time the actual value??
    no sale means no feedback !
    ok, maybe, just maybe, a buyer from the US will bite!
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YQQ you also asked a lot of personal questions regarding my Heritage listings, the answers to which are frankly none of your business. The BST forums are not educational forums. You need to tend to your business and let other people tend to theirs.
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Before you guys do this " berating thing" , I suggest you read the post again!
    and think seriously what it was all about.
    it is very easy and convenient to jump to immediate ( perhaps wrong)conclusions
    turn your page and ask yourself this:
    is it really berating? or is it just trying to make someone aware of a situation.
    I bet, none of you signed in to .ca, right?
    seller posted a coin , but no link.
    He is way out with his pricing and shipping.
    and just like you guys, He does not know what Feebay does when the listing is shown on other than Feebay.com.
    try it yourself, and please, then lets hear from you again.
    You do not need to defend your original position at all. but when you sign in on Feebay .ca... your eyes will open...
    Perhaps I could have taken a softer approach. But WHY?? facts are facts.
    so, HOW would you guys have approached this? I am always open to learn....
    ok, a simple question: would you pay 5 times plus for shipping than the actual value of the object? lets hear it...without sugar coating... please...
    and please, since you criticized, do not say : I would not have.
    Oh yes, one more thing: I am sure, the seller had NO idea about what was going on " behind" his back . he simply did not notice the Feebay default setting hidden in foreign shipping.. >>

I would have approached it how I did. I helped the new poster by linking to his eBay account directly. As I already said, no one is forcing you to bid on any items -- and if the shipping is too high to Canada, then don't bid. I often purchase items from the UK where the shipping is just as high (£9 = $15). If I want the item bad enough, I pay the shipping. If it's a very easy to obtain item in low grade, then I pass. Simple as that.

It's also quite possible that an eBay seller with only 197 feedback (as the OP has) was not aware of the default setting to the Global shipping eBay program. To accuse him/her otherwise is also in bad taste, and really there is no reason to assume as much. It's also not a very nice way to welcome Thedm005 to the PCGS forums.

Just my opinions...take them or leave them.

Kind regards, Brandon

-Brandon
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]

Giorgio, Thank you for the lessons….and,
    Perhaps it might be wise to heed them yourself?
    If I would be offended, I would say "a lot" more...
    Oh, what does this all have to do with the subject in this original post? can you explain please?

I simply asked you why you would not have offered the coins to the forum before you gave them to Heritage.
    Is there any harm with this?
    u call 2 questions "a lot".......anyone can read up on it on your post.
    This Forum is about BUY SELL and TRADE within the members of this Forum. Not advertising your goods available only somewhere else , but not available to members here.
    one last post, at least from me.

if all of you again read my first post here, I believe the whole post is actually self explanatory.
    and whatever conclusions all of you draw, is really up to you.
    I pointed out all the downfalls and how to correct them. I suggested he did not know about Global shipping..( yes, perhaps I did not choose the best words or sentences, as I do not have all sorts of degrees or educational titles)
    However, you guys all just "flew" over the whole thing and jumped to immediate conclusions.
    This triggered the need to bring YOUR personal and totally unrelated experiences to the foreground.
    If you read my 1st post, you will notice that I did not "berate" or belittle the seller and that my interest was directed toward Ebay and their sneaky and unethical way to trick unsuspecting sellers into accepting the default setting for Foreign (Global) shipping. ( all for everyone convenience... right into Feebays pockets).
    I hope you all have signed in to Ebay.ca and checked it for yourself. YOU can NOT see all this on Ebay.com!!! all of it is blocked there. They do not want you to see it!
    If you had signed into .ca, you actually did see the issue for yourself what discrepancies there are and what kind of a rip off it is, especially for low end coins.
    I am aware that everyone can decide to buy or not to buy, but the sad fact IS THAT A SELLER OF LOW END COINS WILL NOT SELL A SINGLE COIN TO A BUYER OUTSIDE THE USA.
    But I guess you guys missed all that?
    In future, I will be silent and let Feebay rip everyone off. It appears you are all in agreement with that.

If I offended the original poster Thedm005, It was NOT my intention to offend or attack you and please, except my sincere apology. I am sorry.

Have a great week everyone...

PS:
    it sure beats me what this all has to do with another post, totally unrelated, where I asked 2 simple questions....and received an extremely rude answer on this post from someone who did clearly break the forum rules!....