Options

Detroit Tigers!!

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
WTF?

Comments

• Options

<< <i>What happened? >>

Three Cy Young winners, a lineup of heavy hitters and they slip back to second place. They are tied going into tonight for the last playoff spot.

Guess that money can not buy you love.....at least not pizza money.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They kept hearing the Royals on their heels and kept looking back. When you are in the lead you don't look back. Now they are looking at the backside of the Royals.image
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    What happened? Let's see.... Joe Nathan, sloppy defense, rally killing DPs, selfish ABs, a bullpen feared by nobody, Verlander pitching like an A-ball #5 starter, Cabrera hitting TO the wall but not over it, Cabrera swinging at everything, Cabrera missing, no catcher, no shortstop, no closer, fans booing, etc, all led by a rookie manager (and it shows)..... Typical Tigers. Typical Detroit- talk a big game, look strong and tough but just can't get anything done and lose embarrassingly..... That said, They're my team, this is my town and I love them both!!
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Guess that money can not buy you love.....at least not pizza money. >>

Tell that to the New York Yankees. What a disaster.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Having a dominent pitcher like Price can change your tune I guess. Doug
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Jim Leyland would like to return his blindfold, but not the cigarette.
  • Options

<< <i>Jim Leyland would like to return his blindfold, but not the cigarette. >>

• Options
    Looks like the Twins had the Tigers number last night 17-5 and 12-4 in the first game of a D/N double header today.
  • Options

<< <i>Tell that to the New York Yankees. What a disaster. >>

Looks like I spoke too soon. Sorry guys. I couldn't resist.

Yanks' Huge Eight-Run 3rd
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    Looks like I spoke too soon again. Today's game made me sick. image
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Shields gets us one out of three
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    I think that Ned Yost must be a double agent for Detroit.image KC's 3rd base coach is worthless.
  • Options
    Yeah, that play at third with Perez yesterday was a mess image ...... and why (WHY?) would you bunt the hottest, most locked in hitter on the planet (Aoki) twice in key situations?? and WHY did Dyson not try to steal second OR third in the ninth?? Oh well. I still question why Ausmus wastes his time with Nathan. Go Tigers!!