Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1970 Topps Basketball Set (Tall Boys)

JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,
Since jumping back into collecting (last collected in 1987) I have really enjoyed catching up with all the changes (grading etc..) I figured I would start with the 1970 Tall-Boys as a registry set. I have jumped in have about 1/3 of the set with most PSA 8 or 9. I have found them to be plentiful in PSA 8 grade for sale on Ebay. I know the short prints are very difficult to find in 8's but have managed to snag a few of them so far. Can anyone that has collected this set clue me in to other players that are hard to find in high grade? With a lot of cards still remaining I want to make sure I don't miss an opportunity to snag a more difficult find when it becomes available. Any info. on this set would be appreciated. Is it just me or is it hard to find good centering even in PSA 8? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    The set is great. I'm at 84% 8.43 avg

For hard 2 get look up the PSA Pop report. It's free

u will find card #4 the hardest in 8 A few sp's like Neal walk, Bobby Smith, and Norm Van lier are difficult.

If u have a list I have some extras

It is a very popular set.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    jay0791,

Thanks for the info. I'm listed on the registry as sndwatkins. I'm looking for an Alcindor and Oscar Robertson in PSA 8 that is well-centered. Also below are a few that I need. Let me know what extras you have. Thanks.

1 ALCIND/WEST/HAYES LL
    2 WEST/ALCIN/HAYES LL SP
    3 GREEN/IMHOFF/HUDSON LL
    4 ROB/WALKER/MULL LL SP
    6 WILKENS/FRAZ/HASK LL SP
    7 BILL BRADLEY
    8 RON WILLIAMS
    9 OTTO MOORE
    10 JOHN HAVLICEK SP
    11 GEORGE WILSON
    12 JOHN TRAPP
    14 JIM WASHINGTON
    15 BOB RULE
    16 BOB WEISS
    17 NEIL JOHNSON
    18 WALT BELLAMY
    19 MCCOY MCLEMORE
    28 JOE ELLIS
    29 MIKE DAVIS
    30 LOU HUDSON
    31 LUCIUS ALLEN SP
    32 TOBY KIMBALL SP
    33 LUKE JACKSON SP
    34 JOHNNY EGAN
    35 LEROY ELLIS SP
    36 JACK MARIN SP
    37 JOE CALDWELL SP
    38 KEITH ERICKSON
    39 DON SMITH
    40 FLYNN ROBINSON
    41 BOB BOOZER

• Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    ...I have a Bobby Smith SP Rookie PSA 8.5 (Pop 1, only 3 higher)....will part with it if someone makes a great offer...
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    If your interested I am currently running a PSA set break on the 1970 Topps Basketball on EBAY. My seller name is SAINSTAME
  • Options
    Great! Thanks I will check your listings.
  • Options
    RAPTORSRULE04RAPTORSRULE04 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    I would love to bid on your short prints, but global shipping to Canada is prohibitive, less than 10 % to go to complete. If all don't sell please pm and maybe we can make a deal on the board.

Thanks
    George
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    George, Unfortunately I just saw your message today. Believe me I would have definitely made a deal with you . I have some cards left from that SET BREAK, but I looked at you set and they would not help you. I do however have 2 cards (1968-74 HOF Bookmarks Bob Cousy PSA 3 $300 /Bob Davies PSA 5 $400) that are very rare and expensive that may interest you. I am trying very hard to update my 1974 Topps basketball set and you have 15 commons higher than mine that would serve as great collateral towards a deal. Contact me trough my Goodlieu 1974 topps set.
    Art