Home Precious Metals
Options

Right now, at spot of AG $20, is a fair offer for coinage?

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
That was the full question. :-)
COA

Comments

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    You lost me here!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With silver at about $20 per ounce, what's a fair price to pay for 900 silver coins?

Melt value = 0.715 X spot X face value in dollars

For Morgan and Peace dollars, use 0.77 rather than 0.715 above.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Seriously, thank you. I'm still learning so I have more to ask or talk about, since I most see offer talk 13% x face value.

"That's crazy. Crazy generous!"

Why such a tight margin and close to coinflation/spot value on 90%?

Verses the spread on Morgans (considering a normal sell price on Morgans seems to allow much much more profit)?

Thanks.
    ;-)
    COA
  • Options

<< <i>Seriously, thank you. I'm still learning so I have more to ask or talk about, since I most see offer talk 13% x face value.

"That's crazy. Crazy generous!"

Why such a tight margin and close to coinflation/spot value on 90%?

Verses the spread on Morgans (considering a normal sell price on Morgans seems to allow much much more profit)?

Thanks.
    ;-) >>

I personally see them all as silver only and value them accordingly. Many buyers will pay a little more for the collectability of the Morgans and Peace dollars. If you are buying strictly for silver, put a value on them based on silver.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    coinflation is telling you the exact melt value for each denomination at a given Spot price. You will never be able to buy or sell any form of 90% coinage at that rate.

Use coininfo.com for a far more true representation of what you can expect to pay or get.
    So to answer your question with Spot at $19.94 as of writing this, 90% (no Dollars) is going for $14.42 x face. Now bare in mind that's a starting point. Expect to pay a bit more and expect to get a bit less off of that "base". Halves carry more of a premium than dimes and quarters.

Dollars have a whole other section that is very accurate, as does types of Gold as does Canadian 80% & 50% silver. This has been my go-to site for anything 90%.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options

<< <i>coinflation is telling you the exact melt value for each denomination at a given Spot price. You will never be able to buy or sell any form of 90% coinage at that rate.

Use coininfo.com for a far more true representation of what you can expect to pay or get.
    So to answer your question with Spot at $19.94 as of writing this, 90% (no Dollars) is going for $14.42 x face. Now bare in mind that's a starting point. Expect to pay a bit more and expect to get a bit less off of that "base". Halves carry more of a premium than dimes and quarters.

Dollars have a whole other section that is very accurate, as does types of Gold as does Canadian 80% & 50% silver. This has been my go-to site for anything 90%. >>

your link provides what dealers are paying and is at the moment very close to the melt value provided at the coinflation website. Melt is the best starting point because it tells you what the silver content is worth - the minimum value of the item. Dealer bid (offer) can be based on other things such as supply, demand or size of current inventory. Most sellers are not going to accept a dealer wholesale price, they are going to want to find a better market price with a private buyer - the same buyer that the dealer is trying to resell the silver to at a higher price than paid.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Halves carry a premium? Not in my local market.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08