Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Doug Allen Pleads Guilty

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    The interesting thing is that not only did Allen agree to cooperate with the Feds but he also tipped off John Rogers that he was wearing a wire and recording their conversations. The best part is that John Rogers was also cooperating with the Feds and turned Allen in for tipping him off. There is no honor among thieves apparently.

I hope they all go away for a long time and for obstructing justice, Allen should go away for a REAL long time.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Allen marks the third former executive of Mastro Auctions to plead guilty to an eight-year scheme to rig auctions to drive up prices on rare baseball cards, game balls and other collectors’ items. Last week, Mark Theotikos, the former vice president of acquisitions at Mastro, pleaded guilty to one count of mail fraud.

you NEVER know for sure--do you??

having to rely on a person's personal integrity becomes very muddy when $$ is involved
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Guess its a good thing I didn't bite on the "opportunity of a lifetime" that Doug offered me to invest in Legendary!

There are lots of horror stories about the goings on at Mastro. I hope that no one here was hurt too badly by them.

Dave
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mccardguy1
    The interesting thing is that not only did Allen agree to cooperate with the Feds but he also tipped off John Rogers that he was wearing a wire and recording their conversations. The best part is that John Rogers was also cooperating with the Feds and turned Allen in for tipping him off. There is no honor among thieves apparently.
    Bunk and Lester Freamon got it all down on tape.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: GDM67
    Originally posted by: mccardguy1
    Bunk and Lester Freamon got it all down on tape.

McNutty was he brains behind it all.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    I was hurt by his dishonest acts. I am sure I will see ZERO compensation from this.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases