Home Precious Metals
Options

Question about an oddball set of silver rounds made by JM

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn't get any pictures as I didn't have my phone but it was a 6 piece set of silver rounds. 2 1/2 oz , 1 oz, 1/2 oz , 1/4 oz, 1/8 oz , and I think 1/10 was the small one.

They were in 2 plastic cases with paper work. The Obverse had Edward VII bust similar to what was used on british and canadian coins , similar the beard looked strange.

The reverse had a version of the beaver nickle design . A few were somewhat toned. Paperwork seemed to indicate they were made in 1980.

Anything special or just melt value junk?

Comments

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    prolly a beaver castor set, if had all original packaging be a good pickup at a buck or 2 over spot...

selling???, well... premiums have deflated for all rare and presumed rare bars, except for of course true rarities, lol, hows that sound???

but nothing selling now for big premiums for like i said truly rare pieces, and they have shrunk...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    NVUNVU Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    I'll pay double spot for the set. Anyone have one for sale?
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Yea kencor on eBay has one up you can buy...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    No thanks! He asks moon money for the set and it's not going anytime soon.
  • Options
    So you're saying paying moon money is a bad idea? What about Venus or Mars money, are those acceptable?

I agree that kencor is never shy about asking all the money...but he also has the stuff so he can ask what he wants and it's up to you to pay or pass.
    Nevermind...
  • Options
    That set been on the auction block for a long while now. With that being said, the market don't see the value that high for the set.
    Lets be realistic here, if he ever list the set start out with $1 and no reserved. Would you think the set will sell close to his asking price? I highly doubt it...
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

well I've never seen anything listed at kencor for what i'd consider a reasonable price. image

I will try to get down to the shop and see if he still has it. Kencor's is listed as 1979 , the one I saw said 1980 .