Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

CS1 Storage

I have several hundred cards in Card Saver 1s. Looking for a box that will store them more securely than my current shoeboxes. Bonus points if it looks better than just cardboard on the outside!

Anyone have a storage option that they can recommend for this?

Comments

• Bump to try to get some replies!
  • PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    I've looked for these as well but never found anything good. I ended up going with the regular vault boxes and putting the card savers on their sides.
  • baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    I think someone told me CS1s fit nicely in these, but I've yet to confirm. It's made for graded slabs, so the key, I guess, would be the width of CS1s vs PSA slabs.
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think someone told me CS1s fit nicely in these, but I've yet to confirm. It's made for graded slabs, so the key, I guess, would be the width of CS1s vs PSA slabs. >>

I think the CS1 are too wide for this. I have these boxes are BGS holders are very tight.

I'm going to the Container store to see if they have anything.
    Mike
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    You could always use the box the cardsavers come in. Just a thought.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>You could always use the box the cardsavers come in. Just a thought. >>

Mine came in a plastic bag ... you transplanted southern wize azz! image
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>

<< <i>You could always use the box the cardsavers come in. Just a thought. >>

Mine came in a plastic bag ... you transplanted southern wize azz! image >>

Lmao. I wasn't being smart. I bought a 500 ct box and it works great to store them.
  • Mine came in bags, too.
    Woops. I was mistaken. I ordered a 200 ct box from the link below. Since you guys use so many cardsavers, you could always get a few boxes and you will have some storage.

link

• I got a backchannel recommendation to use these. Pricey but nice!

Edit: also a $45 version. Here.
    I bought a bunch of these plastic tool boxes at Home Depot for ~$6.00 each. The brand is "Workforce" and they are 16" wide. I made three rows and put a little air conditioning weather seal between the rows. They hold approximately 90 PSA graded cards, so use that as a reference for how many CS 1s they will hold.

Last time I looked on their website I did not see them.

I'll see if I have any pictures of the outside of the box on my PC.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Thanks, Doug. That's got me thinking: maybe I should put some of my extremely modest handyman/MacGuiver skills to work and try to come up with something on my own. Could be a fun project. I'll post if something worthwhile materializes...
    Casey ... here's what the outside looks like:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Has anything reasonable been made available for storing cards in these holders?
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    currently waiting on 3 of these. somewhat pricey but considering the durability and watertight seal, they might interest you. all sorts of options you can do with them...

hard cases
  • I have one of the CardVault cases and use it for all my high-value cards. Very happy. I use a couple of the toolboxes Doug linked for my TTM cheapies and random stuff. Works good for bulk on a budget!
  • ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Penzoni wooden boxes. I buy them plain, sand them when I get them to round the edges, and then stain them myself. Perfect fit, holds a ton of them, and looks nice.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Please keep me posted if anyone finds a good solution/box to storing cardsaver1s as I have close to 2,000 just sitting in a box on my floor.

Would love to organize them a little better.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the plastic bait and tackle boxes to store my raw wax packs and they work very well and fit them very nicely. I believe David (Paul Maul) had recommended them.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.