Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dimeman's ANA show report.....Sorry about the empty thread....it's there now....

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
This will be short and sweet or not so sweet (for Chicago).

After the long 6 hour crapping drive including the paying to drive on roads that I already paid for in taxes I got there!image

Got there Thursday morning around 11:00. Was worried about the whole mint crap thing. Had heard all the horror stories.

Went to see my good friend and dealer Glenn Holsonbake to pick up a coin he was holding for me. A real nice 1835 JR8 PCGS30 dime. I also sold him a few extra dimes I had.

I then made a list of dealers I wanted to see and see what they had I might need. Not much luck there so I started wondering around and found a 1953-S PCGS66 dime with the mint mark completely filled....bought it for something to do since Thursday was almost over.

Friday I submitted 11 dime varieties (mostly Roosies) to PCGS and 5 Canadian dimes for grading. I then managed to find a Mercury dime variety I have been looking for for a long time. I found the 1917-S with the 1916 obverse. That completes the 6 coins of 1917....the P, D and S with both 1917 and 1916 obverses.

I then headed home and paid again for those roads that I had already paid for coming up! image

Comments

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short and to the point. I like it. image
  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice report. I agree about the tolls. When you have some time please
    post some pics about the obv. die differences. If you could show the
    PUPS that would help a great deal. Thanks!!
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This will be short and sweet or not so sweet (for Chicago).

After the long 6 hour crapping drive including the paying to drive on roads that I already paid for in taxes I got there!image

Got there Thursday morning around 11:00. Was worried about the whole mint crap thing. Had heard all the horror stories.

Went to see my good friend and dealer Glenn Holsonbake to pick up a coin he was holding for me. A real nice 1835 JR8 PCGS30 dime. I also sold him a few extra dimes I had.

I then made a list of dealers I wanted to see and see what they had I might need. Not much luck there so I started wondering around and found a 1953-S PCGS66 dime with the mint mark completely filled....bought it for something to do since Thursday was almost over.

Friday I submitted 11 dime varieties (mostly Roosies) to PCGS and 5 Canadian dimes for grading. I then managed to find a Mercury dime variety I have been looking for for a long time. I found the 1917-S with the 1916 obverse. That completes the 6 coins of 1917....the P, D and S with both 1917 and 1916 obverses.

Get an IPASS to avoid those overpriced tolls charges ..

I then headed home and paid again for those roads that I had already paid for coming up! image >>

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coin photos? image

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • SaultYooperSaultYooper Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    The following is from the VERY NICE web site of David Lawrence.

The bottom of the following link:

Dime obverese of 1916 & 1917

has pics of the different obverses.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link to DLRC to book that shows 1916 and 1917 differences.
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a different 1917 obverse ? image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• PurfrockPurfrock Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report
    EAC, ANA Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file