Home Sports Talk
Options

A-Rod and Tiger Woods. Compare and contrast.

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
Both born in 1975.......

Comments

• Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    Arod is the biggest tool in the history of sports. Woods enjoyed using his tool.

Both on the juice...but Golf numbers aren't held as sacred, so Woods flies under the radar.
  • Options
    Both were highly anticipated to break their sports most coveted record.

....and most likely will fail.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Both are full of themselves jack-offs.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Both are full of themselves jack-offs. >>

Not exactly the classy way to say it, but accurate in general. image

<< <i>Both on the juice...but Golf numbers aren't held as sacred, so Woods flies under the radar. >>

If Tiger's juicing, given recent events he's apparently not doing it very well.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

<< <i>If Tiger's juicing, given recent events he's apparently not doing it very well. >>

I do not know if Woods is clean or not, but the added muscle bulk and strength from PEDS puts a terrific strain on the joints.

Back, leg, elbow, etc.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If Tiger's juicing, given recent events he's apparently not doing it very well. >>

I do not know if Woods is clean or not, but the added muscle bulk and strength from PEDS puts a terrific strain on the joints.

Back, leg, elbow, etc. >>

I agree.

He became extremely muscular extremely fast.

Only one way to do that.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    They both like their "light skinned" ladies!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    One is currently under investigation by the Justice Department for drug trafficking and the other is not.

Link
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Both are full of themselves jack-offs. >>

+1
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    One could bit a ball 500 feet. The other 1000 feet.

Both are sitting on their butts today!
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>

Back, leg, elbow, etc. >>

How does being stronger and slightly more muscular put strain on the joints?
  • Options

<< <i>How does being stronger and slightly more muscular put strain on the joints? >>

When I was a regular weight lifter, I watched skinny guys get on roids and go from bench pressing 120 pounds to 400 pounds in less than a year. Average guy is not designed to lift that much weight, especially on a thin build. Same is true of the legs as in the case of a golfer that can now put excessive pressure on the knee during a PED infused drive.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    From my knowledge, Tiger ALWAYS put a lot of torque into his swing and therefore always put tremendous stress on his joints. MOST thin build guys can't, or as you say "aren't designed", to do what professional athletes do- without dedication and practice. Assuming an athlete is having the troubles he has now (after 15+ years of competition) because he used some kind of enhancement is far fetched.

How many athletes broke down from playing on damn astroturf- ya know, carpet on concrete? I know as a Seattle fan, I watched MLB and NFL players have their careers shortened from it, a hazard of their work. Or, I could just say it was the "'roids"
  • Options

<< <i>Assuming an athlete is having the troubles he has now (after 15+ years of competition) because he used some kind of enhancement is far fetched. >>

I don't know whether he is clean or not, but it really is not very far fetched to believe that he has been a PED user. His weight gain was enormous which is not easy to do on a lean frame when you are walking 18 or 36 holes each day. Also in golf the prime is 4 or 5 years later than in baseball for instance. Furyk and Mickelson are approaching middle age and are near the top.

Even 64 year old Tom Watson is out golfing Tiger.