Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

RARE 1987 Swiss Helvetia "Matterhorn" Platinum Proof Set

This set contains four fully encapsulated coins-- 1 oz., 1/2 oz., 1/4 oz. and a 1/10 oz. made of 999.5 platinum produced at the Argor-Heraeus SA Mint . Total proof platinum weight is 1.85 ounces. Included is original presentation case and C.O.A #001211 of 2000 sets. This set was purchased directly from the mint by a family member and has been stored as purchased ever since.

FOR SALE ON EBAY U.S. ONLY ---ITEM 181484583830

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the board.
    2000 sets isn't rare.
    What's your asking price ?

Thanks !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    2000 was what was authorized, the actual amount sold is more like 1400 and most of those have been sold for melt value. $4800.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

I like the Matterhorn series.image
    Becky
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I like the Luzern (lion reverse) more.

So, are you willing to sell it at current melt? Just curious. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    What year are the "Lions"?
    Becky
  • Options
    No we are not looking to sell for melt value, if that was the case... we have plenty of "coin dealers" in our area.
  • Options

<< <i>What year are the "Lions"? >>

I believe 1988. Here's one in 9999 gold...

It is based on this Lion Monument in Lucerne...

trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Courtesy linkage to EBAY RELISTED ITEM to make up for inadvertent thread hijack with the Luzern Lion Helvetia
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options

<< <i>This set contains four fully encapsulated coins-- 1 oz., 1/2 oz., 1/4 oz. and a 1/10 oz. made of 999.5 platinum produced at the Argor-Heraeus SA Mint . Total proof platinum weight is 1.85 ounces. Included is original presentation case and C.O.A #001211 of 2000 sets. This set was purchased directly from the mint by a family member and has been stored as purchased ever since.

FOR SALE ON EBAY U.S. ONLY ---ITEM 181484583830 >>

IF THERE IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN MAKING AN OFFER WE HAVE CHANGED OUR FORMAT TO BUY IT NOW/BEST OFFER