Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson PSA 1/SGC 10

What can I expect to have to spend for an example? There aren't many on the population, but I am sure there are some graded by SGC as well.
Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
AJ
All coins kept in bank vaults.
PCGS Registries
Box of 20
SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Comments

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

You are targeting an awesome card. PSA's Joe Orlando put it at #9 all-time in the hobby. Due to it being a rare "playing days" card of such a renowned player, and being a key card in a beloved set, it has become a real toughy. I have become a huge fan and student of this card over the past few years. Have not had the opportunity to go after a nice "1," but was prepared to drop around 6k on a nice looking 1. The difficulty in pegging the value lies in how infrequently they surface, resulting in pent up demand and determined bidders, and the surge of interest in the set, with the CJ centennial and accompanying book so popular with collectors of that era.

I believe the most recent sale was this year, by Just Collect, of an SGC 10; that particular specimen was not what you would call high-end for the grade. Nonetheless it went for about 5200. A PSA 1 traded hands a few times on 2013 in the 5k range as well, and was a better looking specimen, though still had some pinholes and smudging around the subject's face as I recall. A bit farther back in 2013 a PSA 1 with great eye appeal for the grade hit 7k. Hope that helps, and good luck in the quest.

Best,

MC

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What can I expect to have to spend for an example? >>

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the pricing above, although given supply/demand, I think a "1" is easily a $6500-$7000 card, with a nice eye appeal card selling even higher. I searched at last year's National in Chicago for one (in any price range) and came up empty. I was lucky enough to pick up an SGC 35 this winter for around $10k. A "2" will now run you around $11k-$12k, if you can even find one.
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    VCP:

PSA 1
    9/11/13 eBay $5,775.00
    8/8/13 Huggins & Scott $4,740.00
    7/4/13 eBay $7,000.00
    11/11/12 eBay $6,643.22
    4/29/07 REA $5,875.00
    1/5/06 eBay $3,227.77

SGC
    3/9/14 eBay Auction $5,211.98
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Variation in prices must have to so with eye appeal. 1's can be very different obviously.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options

Did you ever find a Jackson? if so, what did you pay for what grade.

• Options

I know of a few private transactions as of late with 1s running in the $10k-$13k range, depending on eye appeal.

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options

No way!!! $13k for a 1!!?! Holy smokes! I’ve been looking for Lowe grade one for 8 months & nothing! A PSA 2 must be $15-18k then.

• Options

low

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2018 8:25PM

I wound up paying $10,000 for this SGC 1, back in 2016. And that was a BIN on eBay.

It would sell for more than that today.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options

That's such a beautiful "1". I remember when that one sold. I still have my 35 as well.