Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Andre the Giant 1973 wrestling annual scan of the handcut card

I bought this magazine from a fellow board member and looking for the best possible Andre for my number one set. This looks like a great example but wanted to be sure that I have it hand cut in the best possible way. Let me know your thoughts on the "centering"/"trimming" on this card. Thanks. Rob

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Both centering and trimming look spot on Rob. The left border is slightly thicker but certainly still 10 material imo. Good job!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, what are the two spots down around Andre's knees? It looks a little disturbing haha

edit: Forget it. I just realized it's an electrical outlet image
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Btw, what are the two spots down around Andre's knees? It looks a little disturbing haha

edit: Forget it. I just realized it's an electrical outlet image >>

Funny how in today's era that would so easily and quickly be "cloned" out of an image.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Both centering and trimming look spot on Rob. The left border is slightly thicker but certainly still 10 material imo. Good job! >>

Thanks for your input. I think I may try to even it up a bit but I am going to take my time before doing so. I'd like to try to get it a bit better as I would love to hit a 9 or 10.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    I agree on trimming the left border just a smidgen; is it possible that the upper half of the left border is a little wider than the lower half?

Good luck with it!
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    I did fix this just a bit before I subbed it but fell a little short. I sold my old nine a long time ago because I was overwhelmed with a really good offer for it. I will be keeping this one as I now have every card in the set in the best possible grade.

1 1 23202448 MINT 9 1973 Wrestling Annual #6-Hand Cut Andre the Giant Card
    Total Items: 1
    Date Received: 8/29/2014
    Date Shipped: 9/8/2014
    Order Status: OK
  • Options

<< <i>I did fix this just a bit before I subbed it but fell a little short. I sold my old nine a long time ago because I was overwhelmed with a really good offer for it. I will be keeping this one as I now have every card in the set in the best possible grade.

Order Status: OK >>

Different sub and they both shipped today which is a bit odd........
    51 1 23388508 MINT 9 1982-1983 Bbm Puroresu Magazine-Hand Cut Hulk Hogan September 1982 Card

Classic additions to the collection that I am pretty excited about!
  • Options

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Yahtzee!!!
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Good job!
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options

<< <i>Good job! >>

Thanks TonyC! This Andre 9 was from the first magazine that you sold me and then the second magazine got an Andre 8. I was pretty excited to get my first Pedro Morales in a PSA 10 too. I have a few more annuals at PSA now that I am waiting to get back. I think I have a decent chance to get a gem mint from another non-Andre wrestler.
  • Options

<< <i>I did fix this just a bit before I subbed it but fell a little short. I sold my old nine a long time ago because I was overwhelmed with a really good offer for it. I will be keeping this one as I now have every card in the set in the best possible grade.

Order Status: OK >>

My old Andre that I sold years ago has found its way back on ebay from the same guy who purchased it from me. I do not think he will do as well as I did but it will be a fun auction to follow. It is up over $400 right now with three days left.
  • Options
    I have some insight that the first Andre PSA 10 is going to hit the pop report really soon. It is not mine unfortunately!!!!!