Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why am I doing wrong when posting pictures?

Something has changed about a year ago concerning my posting pictures. I need some advice.
I use photobucket, I copy the IMG and paste it into the forum box....but, what I get is the very long IMG text actually showing into the box AND then my picture follows WAYYYYY to the right! Anyone know why?

See my picture attachment of Eric P. Newman's 1794 dollar which is currently listed under "Newman 1794 Dollar."
Persuing choice countermarked coinage on 2 reales.

Enjoyed numismatic conversations with Eric P. Newman, Dave Akers, Jules Reiver, David Davis, Russ Logan, John McCloskey, Kirk Gorman, W. David Perkins...

Comments

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copy and paste the Direct Link from PB...but be sure that after you click on the CU photo button that you erase the "http:/" before you paste on to it. Bam image

Erik
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    linky

This should help.
  • Options
    1Bustcollector1Bustcollector Posts: 572 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! Both ways work great!!!! Boy, that had me for quite some time. In the end I went ahead and removed the "link back to album" checkbox in PB so I don't have to keep editing because I will most likely forget.
    Persuing choice countermarked coinage on 2 reales.

Enjoyed numismatic conversations with Eric P. Newman, Dave Akers, Jules Reiver, David Davis, Russ Logan, John McCloskey, Kirk Gorman, W. David Perkins...
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image[/IMG]
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lances instructions put to use...image
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Fixed HTML from DollarAfterDollar's post)

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While were on the subject of posting pictures, I have many pictures uploaded here in an Upload box but lately when I select to "view file", instead of seeing the usual pop up picture, I'm asked, "what should firefox do with this file?" and Internet Exployer is the default program that opens the file. Because of this erroneous direction it takes me, I can't use the properties of the file to obtain the needed info to copy and paste between the symbols image that allows me to post pictures I have stored here. Any help would be appreciated.

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file