Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS 2014 Hall of Fame

I'm usually following gold Liberty Double Eagles that I collect, but I just reviewed the PCGS awards and noted the new PCGS Hall of Fame inductees. (1) An old time collection by George Clapp who was not related to the Clapp collection that formed the basis of the Eliasberg collection. (2)The recently sold, unmatched quality Dan Holmes Large Cent Collection (amazing one of the finest set ever). I kept the catalog as reference. (3) The other collection is the Charles Link collection of Capped Half Dollars. Just reviewed the date set and redbook set and it looks quite amazing, and its an active collection according to PCGS. Both sets have great photographs.

New 2014 Hall of Fame Awardees

Holmes Large Cent Collection

Capped Bust Date Set

Capped Bust Redbook Set

Hats off to all of the Hall of Fame Inductees!

Comments

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 1824 various dates is to die for. Lots of incredible specimens in this collection! Thanks for linking.

• Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I agree the 1824 over various dates has crazy color. Its surprising to see such intense color on an early 19th century silver coin.
  • Options
    GoBustGoBust Posts: 586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for putting links to the half dollar sets Silverstar. This set really has been a labor of love. Not sure my set is quite up to the Dan Holmes and Missouri Cabinet pinnacle let alone the historic, broad sets. I see you are new to the forum enjoy! You can learn a great deal of superb coin knowledge here.
    Best to all,
    Gobust
  • Options
    PurfrockPurfrock Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the links. Aside from their amazing quality, those sets are excellent for reference
    EAC, ANA Member
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I
    Capped Bust Redbook Set

Hats off to all of the Hall of Fame Inductees! >>

an amazing set
    Frank

BHNC #203

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji