Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

the national in cleveland

just thought id give a small share of some things I bought...first off id like to say I had a great time seeing cpamike.cincy red legs mark,kurt and a few of the other guys whom I already forget the names sorry..i was there wed and Thursday and purchased a fair amount of stuff from steve some highlights were a few 1967 topps baseball psa 8 and 9 cellos series one packs 4 1975 topps baseball rack packs..2 1960 topps baseball cello packs,2 1981 topps football wax rack packs a 1977/78 topps hockey wax box a 1972/73 basketball rack pack and a FEW smaller items and A HARD TO FIND 1976 football wax tray pack...I also submitted some packs to psa that I didn't realize are now 100 a pack to get graded 4 1959 cellos and 1 1958 topps baseball pack...its amazing how much they are charging to grade a pack now from 1959 and back...I also had about 10 boxes that I dropped off to steve to shrink wrap ...sorry I don't have pictures you just have to trust me lol..I thought the show was decent as I also purchased a large 12,000 card lot of vintage etc from Leighton at collect cards...overall it was fun as always and I spent to much but had a great time hope to do it again new year..thanks guys....p.s the highlight of my day was when I came home and found out that my Detroit tigers got david price...goo tigers

Comments

• Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Did you say a 1972/73 basketball rack pack, I would love to see pics of that

John

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    He meant 73-74. They only make racks in 73-74.
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    yes john double striker is right it was 1973-74 sorry my bad
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing, Terry! I wish you got another 73 OPC wax box!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    lol thanks tim I wish I did too man that stuff is almost all gone in fact I didn't see any opc vintage wax packs in baseball
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    This thread is worthless without pics!! image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Terry

Thanx for sharing.

You picked up some really nice stuff!

Would like some scans?

<< <i>I also had about 10 boxes that I dropped off to steve to shrink wrap . >>

Not sure what this means/entails?

Does he check all the packs - agree they're not resealed and seal with his logo shrink? If so? That would "legit" any box in the eyes of many buyers - at least for now.
    Mike
  • Options
    yes stone that is correct he will authenticate the packs and boxes and if all is good shrink wrap them for you...stingray sorry I don't have pictures for some reason I can never up load them on here I can do it on ebay with my smart phone but they wont post on here..i am not good at the computer stuff
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>yes stone that is correct he will authenticate the packs and boxes and if all is good shrink wrap them for you...stingray sorry I don't have pictures for some reason I can never up load them on here I can do it on ebay with my smart phone but they wont post on here..i am not good at the computer stuff >>

What does he charge for a box of 36 packs?
    Mike
  • Options
    mike it is based on the value of the box and packs it is a percentage depending on how rare they are at least that's what I believe it is i just give him the boxes and pay when i get them...