Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thomas Irwin Lincolns

Anyone know what happened to Thomas Irwin Lincolns? It has been retired. Is it going to be sold? I emailed Gerry, but he has not replied.
There are some superb coins in that collection.

Jack

Comments

• Options
    I though Gerry passed away a year or so ago
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is his Obit. Not sure about the sale of his collection. It was named after his son who was lost in the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Centers.

WS

Gerry Glasser Obit
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know he had passed. image
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats the first ive heard of his passing.
  • Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has a lot of registry sets ... Not a lot of photos though.

Thomas Irwin Registry Sets
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had communicated with Gerry via email about Lincoln varieties back in 07/08. He had been searching out rarer varieties well before 2000 and had many in high grade. Angel Dee's had provided a lot of Lincolns for
    his top flight registry sets. He was always interested in discussing numismatics, especially Lincolns. Never got to meet him in person. image
  • Options

All,

I did not know of Gerry's passing. What a loss. I never met him in person, but feel like I knew him. We had many email conversations over the years about Lincolns, as well as many other topics. He was always cordial and communicated his thoughts openly in his emails. I remember back when he and Tom Mershon were competing for top Lincolns. At auction, it was referred to as the "Tom and Gerry Show".
    Quite a loss. Rest in peace, Gerry...

Jack
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know of Gerry's passing either, very sad. Was Stewart Blay's friend and nemesis.

Imaged many of his Lincolns many years ago Irwin Lincolns

Great collector.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file