Comments

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty coin, amazing price
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone really want to pay more than the original sale price for these coins? It will be interesting to see if it sells or if it sits.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a sales stunt to move the remaining coins out of inventory. Sorry no discounts on the leftovers.
    If anything look for price increases.
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> …. It will be interesting to see if it sells or if it sits. >>

A quick check on the original link now identifies the coin as "Sold."
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone really want to pay more than the original sale price for these coins? >>

Yes, because it now has a sticker image
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A CAC sticker on a conserved coin image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not the first "beaned" coin that made me think"WTH were they thinking?", so it's really no surprise to me.

'dude
    Got Crust....y gold?
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i haven't seen this particular coin, but i some of the SRH coins i have seen have pretty amazing luster, despite being conserved. the luster on this coin could be putting it over the top and that's something that's hard to capture in it's essence...blazing luster. i bet this coin has it.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    In this age of buy the label - before the coin how do we know the CAC bean isn't for the extradinary slab label
    itself ? The label does sort of look like gold leaf. Maybe the bean is a judgement on the quality of the label?

• Options

<< <i>i haven't seen this particular coin, but i some of the SRH coins i have seen have pretty amazing luster, despite being conserved. the luster on this coin could be putting it over the top and that's something that's hard to capture in it's essence...blazing luster. i bet this coin has it. >>

That and it has been suggested that many of the SRH coins were under graded to begin with.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In this age of buy the label - before the coin how do we know the CAC bean isn't for the extradinary slab label
    itself ? The label does sort of look like gold leaf. Maybe the bean is a judgement on the quality of the label?

image >>

That's why I scrape them off. But to be fair, even PCGS gave it a +. image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    That cheek is really clean for the grade. Or so it seems to me. I always have trouble with gold coins.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me you are joking with that last comment? She looks like a scarface - that is the cheek cut for cheating with somebody's husband, I've been told. Yikes, the cheek distracts me more than a very little.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    For some reason the cheeks on a number of the Saddle Ridge coins look like that. Curious if it has something to do with the conservation technique or if they were that way in the cans.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file