Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Am I kidding just myself...? 1975 Topps 90 Staub

first one is mine
second one is a recent auction

does mine have a shot? use the link for the real close up views (hi res) - thanks for any input.

raw Staub

PSA 9 from recent auction

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I see a 9 like that and look at all the 1975 8s I just got back, I can't say I'm not a bit miffed.

I think the only thing holding your raw card back is PD--snow on the surface. Small fisheye to a lesser degree.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I THINK the L/R centering on the slabbed one is a bit better and u have a couple of fisheyes. (I know the slabbed one has a fisheye as well.) Best of luck if u send it off to PSA.

Edited to add: As Tim mentioned, you do have a bit more snow on the card as well.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Ah.. Le Grand Orange. I like him very much!
  • Options
    Thanks guys
    I'm considering a sub. Can sure use a forth psa 7 of Rusty image
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like the bump in the right boarder in the red 2cm up from the orange, looks like a worn bump.
    Corners are MINT, but the surface has issues.
    YOu never know though
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    I like the centering better on yours, but agree the snow will keep you at an 8 max (imo). Good luck if you decide to submit.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Agree. Nice card, but snow is keeping this one an 8.

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle