Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Stunning 8 Reales

ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
Got this piece in trade not in my area of collecting yet given the stunning look to it, I figured it is not a bad investment. Scratch on holder which I will now clear.

1892 Ho-FG. Mexico Republic. Cap and Rays 8 Reales. KM-377.9. Superb eye appeal for this classical design. PCGS MS-65.

Seller image:

Comments

• Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful coin, and the luster looks incredible. The reverse looks like it's the frame right after the reverse of this stater:

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    Who knows where the got the reverse design ideas from. Perhaps Ancient Greek designs?
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason, this date/mint comes nicely toned. Maybe the silver alloy they used?

I have a similarly-toned MS63PL.

Congrats on the nice pickup.
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful coin and the toning makes it even better.
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is indeed stellar, and substantially nicer than mine, which is PCGS MS63, and has a much softer strike. Perhaps mine is the little brother of yours.

Tom

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite nice- wonderful look

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It rightfully got a 65 due to the amazing sharp strike - check out the wreath/twigs beneath the base, the distal feathers..the leg...darn the crisp lettering - compare 63 to 65 - and the amazing EA to boot - obviously you probably paid a lot more than 63 $ -

you did good and OMG does anyone realize he has now jumped into Latin? What da heck?

I hate you Z!!
  • Options
    Marc - thank you yet this one will likely go as I can not spread too wide. I did this solely as a financial exchange for a Taler I did not need.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great strike on that one, Z!

Let me know if you're letting it go. I could use it for my type set.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! image
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like another BST made in heaven, with TwoK
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE