Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Still have a little bit of the Peace Dollar bug.......Grade Revealed

Been thinking about putting another Peace dollar set together lately. Couldn't pass this one up when I stumbled upon it. It just had the right look.

Through out your grade opinion if you care to. Interested in some other opinions. I really like it for the grade assigned.

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    62 shot a 3 was my first thought. Depends on the luster.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    i'm in the 62 boat as well.
    i like the subdude luster.
    is this some sort of vam?
    figglehorn
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the doubled nose, chin, and neck which although not scarce isn't seen very often image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623

Something about the attractive large issue and its status as really The really last great America coin issue that didn't have a dead guy on it. A set is impressive and doesn't break the bank and is a great endeavor for all level of numismatists.
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have purchased way, way too many 1921 Peace Dollars. They almost look like medals with the high relief and artistic sculpture.

I like this one...... say MS63 or a grade either way depending on the stuff you don't see well in the photo.
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should have a: post your 21' Peace Dollar.
    Yours looks 62/63
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    Tallpaul000Tallpaul000 Posts: 193 ✭✭
    Im with crypto on this one
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I"ll put it this way: I like it. A lot. And if I paid 63 money for it I'd feel like I got a fantastic coin at a fantastic price, regardless of the grade.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This coin currently resides in a PCGS 63 holder for comparison.

imageimage
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU58
  • Options
    Very nice Peace Dollar, I like the satin surfaces and detail.
  • Options
    donzmedonzme Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    63. Nice coin!
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    Can we get a grade?

I have had maybe a bakers dozen of these over the years but this is my only current humble example
  • Options
    No really what's the grade
  • Options
    DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins
  • Options
    Much better than most hair strike. Nice coin
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Much better than most hair strike. Nice coin >>

Crypto remember that time when you went out of town and forgot to post the grade?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Much better than most hair strike. Nice coin >>

Crypto remember that time when you went out of town and forgot to post the grade? >>

I have no idea what you are talking about but thank you for reminding me image. It's like every time I get togeather with my high school buddies and they remind me of the time I got my 2mins (total) of playing time in high school basketball (JV) and my one "open" layup got swatted into the bleachers, literally a couple rows up like a volleyball sent back with mallice. Why they think it is still funny 20years later I'll never know.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks about 63 to me. A grade either way wouldn't surprise me.

Pretty nice strike.
    Lance.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the double profile, thats what makes it interesting to me. a nice coin
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    62 scuffs, but great strike gets it a 63.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it and depending on when it was sent in, 63 minimum and possibly 63 plus

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Crazy4CoinsCrazy4Coins Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comments.

There you go crypto. You called it right. Some of these '21's can be tough to grade, especially from images. My pics sort of mask the luster just a tad bit too.
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy4Coins: I quite like the satiny surfaces and obverse strike doubling (on nose, chin & neck) of your new 1921 Peace Dollar. She's in one of those old conservative grading period PCGS holders.

Here's a Well Struck and Eye Appealing 1921 (VAM-1H) Peace Dollar of mine purchased a few years ago, previously posted on this forum. She's one of my favorite 1921 Peace Dollars in my collection.

1921 (VAM-1H) Peace Dollar - (Ex Goldberg Sale 44 - Lot 3179)
    imageimage

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options

<< <i>Crazy4Coins: I quite like the satiny surfaces and obverse strike doubling (on nose, chin & neck) of your new 1921 Peace Dollar. She's in one of those old conservative grading period PCGS holders.

Here's a Well Struck and Eye Appealing 1921 (VAM-1H) Peace Dollar of mine purchased a few years ago, previously posted on this forum. She's one of my favorite 1921 Peace Dollars in my collection.

1921 (VAM-1H) Peace Dollar
    imageimage >>

Everyone says their 21peace is well struck, yours actually is and quite nice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file