Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A big Thank You to jackstraw!

A couple new Larkin items I didn't even know existed at an incredible price....

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>John's a swell dude. >>

+1, now I need to find some Jr's he doesn't have to return the favor.
  • You told me about this and it blows my mind that there are Larkin cards outside your scope. Last I knew didn't you have 1300 distinctly different Larkins, not including dupes? Anyways, I'm really happy for you that these appeared for you and that another top notch board member was able to help you obtain them. Kudos all around.

<< <i>You told me about this and it blows my mind that there are Larkin cards outside your scope. Last I knew didn't you have 1300 distinctly different Larkins, not including dupes? Anyways, I'm really happy for you that these appeared for you and that another top notch board member was able to help you obtain them. Kudos all around. >>

I was amazed to find out there were a couple I didn't know about as well. I think I've added about 100 or so since you last saw the list image Those were all one's I was aware of previously, so this was a huge score.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>John's a swell dude. >>

+1
    Mike

• << <i>

<< <i>You told me about this and it blows my mind that there are Larkin cards outside your scope. Last I knew didn't you have 1300 distinctly different Larkins, not including dupes? Anyways, I'm really happy for you that these appeared for you and that another top notch board member was able to help you obtain them. Kudos all around. >>

I was amazed to find out there were a couple I didn't know about as well. I think I've added about 100 or so since you last saw the list image Those were all one's I was aware of previously, so this was a huge score. >>

It seems you keep your player collections raw. Is that true, or do you have some graded? Do you play the registered master set game?

<< <i>

<< <i>

I was amazed to find out there were a couple I didn't know about as well. I think I've added about 100 or so since you last saw the list image Those were all one's I was aware of previously, so this was a huge score. >>

It seems you keep your player collections raw. Is that true, or do you have some graded? Do you play the registered master set game? >>

Mostly raw, for Larkin I'm trying to get all the rookies in PSA10 (though the 87 Kahn's highest graded was an 8 last I checked) and a few of the ultra-rares are graded. Registry competition would take the fun out of the collecting for me.

Other parts of my collection (pre-war golf cards in particular), I prefer graded. T-cards present so well in a competitors holder.
  • I don't do the registry to compete with others. I know I'll never be highly ranked. But I like to grow my rating, helps me set goals, also a handy checklist. As you know, I have hundreds of Yaz cards that aren't graded and won't be, including proofs, relics, autographs, etc, as well as almost his complete topps run raw. But the registry helps with my focus. It's also nice to have a website with a good portion of my nicest Yaz stuff with photos and pop stats, so I can show people what I collect. I like having the link in my sig. But yeah, I know I can't compete.

<< <i>I know I'll never be highly ranked. >>

That's why I could never do it, I'm too competitive. Once I started, I'd be chasing the #1 spot and buying holders, rather than the cards themselves.
  • If I break the top 20, after that I'll be more focused on how many I have and on building my score, rather than on where I am in the standings.

Edited to add: without looking at the standings, my personal goal for a while now has been to achieve a 1.00 set rating.