Home Sports Talk
Options

Where would you place Magic Johnson......

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
On your list of 100 top team sport, athletes?

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how there could be any doubt. Magic is #17. Obviously.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't understand how there could be any doubt. Magic is #17. Obviously. >>

Lol
  • Options

<< <i>I don't understand how there could be any doubt. Magic is #17. Obviously. >>

I have him at 51. Right below Chuck Muncie and 26 above Barry Sanders. image
  • Options
    PurfrockPurfrock Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    Top 25...but most certainly behind Larry Bird!
    EAC, ANA Member
  • Options
    I've got him in my top 3/5
  • Options

<< <i>Top 25...but most certainly behind Larry Bird! >>

Maybe 15 and 15a. They had some epic battles.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's definitely below MJ, Ruth, Barry Bonds, Gretzky, Lemieux, probably Wilt, at least a couple NFL guys...maybe Gordie Howe...so I'd peg him somewhere 10-15.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Top 25...but most certainly behind Larry Bird! >>

Maybe 15 and 15a. They had some epic battles. >>

Loved their time together in the league. That was the only time I really watched NBA games.
  • Options
    Top 10
    He was a winner and made others better.
  • Options
    Top 10
    Made others better.
  • Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    I would place him between two woman.

After that, in basketball alone he is behind Jabbar, Jordan, Bird for certain. Probably Chamberlain too.

Magic didn't make anyone better. All the good players he had played just as well with or without him. He did help his team win because of his ability, but that doesn't mean he made people better.

He also never won without an elite cast, so lets not get overboard on how much he actually made his team win. Bird did more with less. Jordan certainly did more with less.

Chamberlain maybe...but the fact that Chamberlain couldn't shoot free throws makes him a liability in crunch time, something the other elite players like Jordan, Bird, Magic, were not.
  • Options

<< <i>After that, in basketball alone he is behind Jabbar, Jordan, Bird for certain. >>

Jordan and Chamberlain yes, Jabbar and Bird, no certainty.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would place him between two woman.

After that, in basketball alone he is behind Jabbar, Jordan, Bird for certain. Probably Chamberlain too.

Magic didn't make anyone better. All the good players he had played just as well with or without him. He did help his team win because of his ability, but that doesn't mean he made people better.

He also never won without an elite cast, so lets not get overboard on how much he actually made his team win. Bird did more with less. Jordan certainly did more with less.

Chamberlain maybe...but the fact that Chamberlain couldn't shoot free throws makes him a liability in crunch time, something the other elite players like Jordan, Bird, Magic, were not. >>

+1, with the exception of changing maybe to definitely on Chamberlain. Kareem would be more of a maybe than Wilt.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    Yeah KAJ brought the Lakers a championship pre Magic....
  • Options
  • Options
    Happy birthday Magic!