Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Just added a Dime to my Canadian Dime set.....

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
The 1919 PCGS58. Nice and crusty.

Use link to view. link

I put this on the U.S. Coin forum and was told it should be here...so here it is.

Thanks for looking.image

Comments

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't keep up with where I see a post from a fellow forum
    member. I don't think that you do it that often(posting on the wrong forum). If someone is kind
    enough to share a proud numismatic moment such as yours
    then so be it. There are so few moments that many of us can share.
    With that said I do not see the reason for "Waterboarding" on that
    particular post.
    The recent addition is nice. Keep on sharing!!!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome- thanks for sharing. Best wishes in your efforts to complete the set

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Nice set! I like the older Canadian stuff yet that will have to be on the list of "things to do when I win the lotto," right after I finish the list of "playing, then winning the lotto."

It's nice to see some other collectors collecting circulated grades here too. I really get wowed by the stuff by a lot of the people on here but being on a pretty strict budget, I typically am buying coins that are under $10 a piece so while I do have some UNC pieces, the vast majority is in the VF-XF range. I think they make nice coins, I can always pick up five or so farthings from Victoria for example, at a coin show from a dealer who is happy to give me a group discount and move some pieces. I get to splurge every so often but for the most part, my British, Russian and Roman are all mostly circulated. I didn't understand it when I was a kid and collecting with no bills. Now that I am older, I understand the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment that comes with buying nice pieces that fit the budget and work towards a larger goal.

I hope to see more additions to this set on here in the future!
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your Canadian dime set. Good to see you posting it here -- I think you'll get more interest.
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool! Like you I have have a darkside edition (Mexican/Spanish Portrait 8 Reales) to complement my liteside main set (US Trade dollars). It gives me something else to collect when the main set slows down, it's opened me up to a whole different series and I've met a bunch of cool people on this side of the fence. Lots of amazing coins and knowledge, it's just a different vibe on the world forum.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I like your Canadian dime set. Good to see you posting it here -- I think you'll get more interest. >>

+1 welcome to the dark side! 😎
    Here's some dark side fun:

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE