Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Forum Member Advice on Best Way to Sell Unique Dallas Cowboy Item

I recently attended an estate sale of a retired Dallas Cowboy Employee. One of the unique things that I purchased was an entire library (about about 40 tapes) of what is known as "Intercut" films sessions from the 2002 season. These were tapes made by the coaching staff to analyze specific game footage. These tapes apparently were made for Troy Aikman to study game film. All the boxes had his name written in sharpie on the outside of the boxes. Each film is labeled like this: Cowboys Offense vs Indianapolis Defense with the date of the game. Same tapes contain footage of other teams. (Example: GB Offense vs Detroit Defense) so I assume he would study the film in preparation for his opponents tendencies. There was also a FOX Press Pass from the 2002 NFC Championship Game (which was Tampa/Phila)

The tricky part is that all of these are on BETACAM tapes which won't even fit into an obsolete VCR. Ironically these tapes are worth about $3-$5 as used BETACAM tapes, I was just wondering if you guys think there is any REAL value in these to Collectors. I also thought about having them converted to DVD but I am afraid it is cost prohibitive.

I can upload some photos tonight when I get home if need be, but I really am looking for suggestions for how to best maximize my return on this investment.

On another note, good luck at Nationals to my fellow CU members. I wish I was there.
Chuck

Comments