Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

National Scores - From Afar...

So I couldn't make the National due to work, but have a few good homies with strong eyes scouring the floor for me this week. Will be deeply in their debt image

Anyways, one homie went through many, many, many Aaron rookies for me today-- and finally found one of my chimeras: a centered Aaron RC that also has solid focus/registration. What's more, which is always a plus, it was raw; nothing like getting a relatively cheap raw card that grades out nicely as compared to what one would have spent on it slabbed. Wish the lower right corner area wasn't worn away, but if that is the trade-off to obtain centering on the cheap, will gladly tolerate it.

I have had a few Aarons over the years, but I always wind up dumping them because the centering and/or the tilt is wack. Either way, amped to finally have 'the one' for the old collection. Card-to-card, this example pleases my eyes far more than my two previous 7s and lone 8 (which is great, considering the cost difference). Thankfully I am a cheap date in the sense that centering does it for me completely, so don't have to pay for corners.

Hopefully will have more scores to come as the week goes on, assuming my crew stays relatively sober. Here's a cell pic from the floor; was taken at an angle, but you get the gist... And below is the last one I had, for comparison... The team icon is in much better register on the raw example, and the raw one's side borders also start out with more even thickness.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

Comments

• Options
    TheDudeAbidesTheDudeAbides Posts: 400 ✭✭✭
    Nice card. Presents very well. Very nice "cheap" date.
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    Matt, I love it!
    Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Nice Aaron. I have a run from 55-76, lacking the rookie. I will own me a nicely centered one like this one day.

Really enjoy the centered beauties like you are pursuing. Good luck.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Matt. You and I have the exact same sentiment. Centering, centering, centering. Corners are not a concern to me. Focus/registration is a close second but centering is A#1.
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, fellas. Here's another one just copped this very moment. I love this card with beefy borders and centering. Will "upgrade" my 8, which can now be sold to get more cards! Sorry for wack pics but my buddy passed on my suggestion to travel with a scanner, LOL.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    That MICK is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.