Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My first purchase at the National today.

Was there 20 minutes before I purchased this.

Comments

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like you just picked up re 1980-81 box. Can't really go wrong with anything in that case, but that is the prize (relative to price) IMO. Congrats!
    Steve
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Nice. I'm jonesin' for tomorrow morning.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    Love it Dustin image
    Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a 79-80 Hockey box at far right, wonder if it's OPC?
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Holy crap, $29,500 for 86/87 Fleer! Amazing.

How much was the 80/81 box? I love that set.
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Great Pickup!! Love the 80-81's!

Jeremy
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Great pickup. I want to bust one of those.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember them going for $12 on clearance at the TG&Y in summer 1987.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Great box, my favorite basketball set by far... wish I could see Steve's setup, looks awesome from that shot.
  • Options
    lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭
    How much was BBCE selling this box for?

Thanks for the updates.
    Keep them coming.

Very interesting for those of us not able to make it this year.
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    yeah, how much?? I'm guessing like $3600?
  • Options
    and oh my god, we're now at $750/pack for 86 fleer?? i bet those boxes go pretty quick even at that price. I remember looking at steve's box for $15K two years ago and trying to convince him to open it so I could grab some packs, alas should have bought the whole thing. glad i still have the 4 or so packs that I do have.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!

That's one hell of a pickup.
    Mike
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the pickup!

Must be nice to see anything so early, I got to find me a way to do that! image

• Options
    Awesome pickup! It's a shame this fell to the 2nd page when "The Crisser's" is still near the top and has more posts yet very little else.

For those asking for the price, I'm sure there was a reason he did not keep the price tag in the pic. It appears that some people just can't help themselves.

Enjoy the pickup and hope to see more of your purchases as I will not be attending this year.
    Matt
    Looking for post-war hof rc's, raw or graded.
    Successful dealings: grote15, wilkiebaby11, BPorter26 and gregmo32.
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    wooohoooo!!! I need pictures!!! Great box, congrats.
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    As someone who has talked with you at the past two nationals about this very box it makes me really happy to see you pick it up.

Congrats, Dustin
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    $29,500 for a box of 1986/87 Fleer Basketball!!!!!!!! What???? Weren't they just around $14,000 a year ago?
  • Options
    I think 86 fleer was 14 or 15K two years ago, ~20K last year (though with atleast one MJ on top pack?), and 29.5 this year. 50% growth year over year isn't too bad...
  • Options
    BobHBobH Posts: 206 ✭✭

<< <i>Awesome pickup! It's a shame this fell to the 2nd page when "The Crisser's" is still near the top and has more posts yet very little else.

For those asking for the price, I'm sure there was a reason he did not keep the price tag in the pic. It appears that some people just can't help themselves.

I bought a box 80-81 basketball box from BBCE Febrary 2013 for $1750. $3600 seems a little high but if that's what he paid for it I'm not complaining. I am complaining because i can't attend the national this year
    Interested in 60's and 70's psa and raw star and hof cards
  • Options
    Thanks Nathan. I bought another one at 8 am this morning. Then CPA Mike picked up the last one for another board member a few minutes later. They were 3k. Solid Buy in my opinion.
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think 86 fleer was 14 or 15K two years ago, ~20K last year (though with atleast one MJ on top pack?), and 29.5 this year. 50% growth year over year isn't too bad... >>

Actually those boxes sold for $25k last year, but a nearly 20% increase in a year is still
    more than respectable.

Dave
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    Crazy prices but what the heck if people are willing to pay.

Steve has a monopoly on this stuff, I am sure the government is keeping a close eye on him and plan to cut him up into 10 little pieces to create some competition and then you'll all be crying when the prices drop like a rock just like long distance phone rates image