Home U.S. Coin Forum

MN Department of Commerce Visits Coin Show Today (7/27/14) 8/1/14 Update Added

2»

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Minnesota Gestapo sends some of their goons to the ANA Show in Chicago to try and set up, or at lease to harass, some of the non-Minnesota dealers. Being only a five hour drive from the Twin Cities, there will most certainly be a lot of Minnesota residents at the ANA buying and selling. I can just see it now them telling all the dealers at A.N.A. they are violating the Minnesota Law if they sell to a Minnesota resident. They also may want to consider bringing their own body bags. >>

Minnesota revenuers have no jursidiction or authority outside of their state. Anyone selling out of state to a Minnesota resident can only be arrested by Minnesota in Minnesota. On-line dealers facing the wrath of Minnesota only need stay out of Minnesota.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next thing we know it will be against the law to Google "Minnesota's Draconian Law".
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Next thing we know it will be against the law to Google "Minnesota's Draconian Law". >>

Eventually it'll be illegal to think it too
  • amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Minnesota Gestapo sends some of their goons to the ANA Show in Chicago to try and set up, or at lease to harass, some of the non-Minnesota dealers. Being only a five hour drive from the Twin Cities, there will most certainly be a lot of Minnesota residents at the ANA buying and selling. I can just see it now them telling all the dealers at A.N.A. they are violating the Minnesota Law if they sell to a Minnesota resident. They also may want to consider bringing their own body bags. >>

The dealers aren't in Minnesota so how can they attack a dealer in Illinois?
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

The dealers aren't in Minnesota so how can they attack a dealer in Illinois? >>

They could always extradite them.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• Outside chance they can extradite a coin dealer who is outside of Minnesota, but then again people have been extradited for a much less offense then someone trying to make a profit selling a coin.
    There is so much wrong with that rediculous law a $25.00 an hour attorney could have it thrown out. Unfortunately if you are the one extradited you won't be paying for a $25.00 an hour attorney.
  • amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is a dealer at the ANA show required to ask for identification when he or she sells a coin for a cash purchase??? I don't think so! image So how is a dealer to know a sale is to someone from the kill America State?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file