Home Sports Talk

CU's EPL fantasy league -- Year 2!!!

thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
We are ONLY three weeks(ish) away from the start of a new EPL season. Last season was super interesting from beginning to end and full of offense, rising stars, and huge moments. If you enjoyed the first couple of weeks of the world cup, you really need to try following the EPL. And Fantasy EPL makes the transition easier because it forces you to follow multiple teams and players. It's really a lot of fun.

URL: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
Register on the site, then join our league using League Code 435902-113147.
Read the rules of the game, then pick your squad! Pretty sure you can transfer players in and out if you change your mind right up until the first match day on Saturday 8/16.

Seriously...it's ok to be a soccer fan. The water is warm. Come on in!!

Comments

• jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    I had a blast doing this last year for the first time. Definitely made Saturday and Sunday mornings more enjoyable. I'll be joining again.
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Should be a great season-- looking forward to seeing Cavani at Anfield!
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Big game tomorrow. Hoping Liverpool can stand up to the challenge.

<< <i>Big game tomorrow. Hoping Liverpool can stand up to the challenge. >>

It's a bit unsettling to have a game this big this early. That said, I'd rather get some of these tough fixtures out of the way before the UCL group stage begins. There's never a great time to play Citeh, but if you have to do it you'd rather it didn't happen right before (or after) a match in Europe.

Here's praying that the back four get organized for the first time in 2 years, and that we can sneak a result at the Ethiad!
    Edit for double post.

Sadly, the Super Mario deal couldn't be completed before kick off; that would have made for one heck of a storyline.
    Woo hoo! Six points out of nine, and two of the six toughest away fixtures are already behind us. Early days, to be sure, but at this point it's looking like a top 4 finish is the floor for the Reds.
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Well, the title appears to be Chelsea's, barring a major collapse....but the battle for the Top 4 should be fantastic!

hallmark - out of curiosity, do you ever get docked the points for making excessive transfers? I can't seem to see where they are deducting those points.