Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1990 Topps no name on front...kind of

Well I almost pulled a no name on front 1990 Topps card. I pulled this Clemens card from a pack. I know there was a huge thread a while back about the cards missing the black ink , but if I recall it was just the orange border cards. Anyway, I thought this card was kind of cool.

Comments

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Nice find
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't that simply be considered a defective card? I am not familiar with the original thread.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Bad pressing or good eraser?.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's no Rick Wrona.
  • Options
    KremsKrems Posts: 347 ✭✭
    I'm sure it's probably just a print defect
  • Options
    junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I almost pulled a no name on front 1990 Topps card. I pulled this Clemens card from a pack. I know there was a huge thread a while back about the cards missing the black ink , but if I recall it was just the orange border cards. Anyway, I thought this card was kind of cool.

<< <i>

This is a great find! Also, the first black inking misprint I have seen on a red sheet card.

Aside from the well-known orange sheet cards, I can confirm the following cards with portions of missing black ink:

Green sheet: Roger Salkeld, Ben McDonald
    Darker Blue sheet: Doug Drabek
    Purple sheet: Llyoyd Moseby, Tony Fernandez

I'm sure there are many more out there but probably not recurring like the orange sheets and likely only ran for a handful of presses.
    fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    And purple sheet Gene Harris
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com