Home Sports Talk

Would Romo be a QB upgrade to your favorite NFL Team?

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
As an old time Lions fan, virtually anyone would have been an upgrade in the last 35 years.

I would keep Stafford though, over Tony.

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait for it………………………….
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because he is the current quarterback of my favorite team. image

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a Bears fan...I'd keep Cutler.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
    I would pick him up for the upstate Arizona Cardinal team.

Hell, I can't even name their QB. image
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE! Somebody take him......he's killing the Cowboys!image
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I am a New England Patriots fan. You tell me. image
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using Dimeman's evaluative logic, I'd say that Romo is a lock first ballot HOFer and better than Manning.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Using Dimeman's evaluative logic, I'd say that Romo is a lock first ballot HOFer and better than Manning. >>

image ...it's funny because it's true...

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting topic! I'm not sure how Romo will bounce back from his back surgery. My answers below are based on if he returns to his old form.

22 Yes

6 No

3 debatable

Baltimore Ravens Yes. Joe is just a glorified Trent Dilfer. Sorry Sonny image

Buffalo Bills Yes

Cincinnati Bengals Yes

Cleveland Browns Yes

Denver Broncos No

Houston Texans Yes

Indianapolis Colts Yes. Luck has tremendous upside but still being a young QB I can't say no at this time.

Jacksonville Jaguars Yes

Kansas City Chiefs Yes

Miami Dolphins Yes

New England Patriots No

New York Jets Yes

Oakland Raiders Yes

Pittsburgh Steelers No. based on leadership and superbowl wins which is what matters most.

San Diego Chargers Debatable

Tennessee Titans Yes

Arizona Cardinals Yes

Atlanta Falcons Yes

Carolina Panthers Debatable

Chicago Bears Yes. Cutler, the current league mvp (Most Valuable Pouter)

Dallas Cowboys -----

Detroit Lions Debatable

Green Bay Packers No

Minnesota Vikings Yes

New Orleans Saints No

New York Giants No. Based on superbowl wins and comeback games.

Philadelphia Eagles Yes

San Francisco 49ers Yes.

Seattle Seahawks Yes. Wilson has a sb win, but when it comes to the league's upper echelon qb's, I don't think Wilson is one that readily comes to mind.

St. Louis Rams Yes

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Yes. We're talking about the Yucs here. Tampa is where QB's go to die lol

Washington Redskins Yes. Griffin had one good year and in my mind is unproven.
  • I'd be surprised if Johnny Football put up Romo like passing numbers
    Lawnmowerman - You have got to be kidding!

Why would anybody want a loser choke artist for their QB! I know you are a Cowboy fan, but so am I! But Romo sure makes it hard to be a Cowboy fan!!!!
    >>>Using Dimeman's evaluative logic, I'd say that Romo is a lock first ballot HOFer and better than Manning. <<<

Not even funny. If they put Romo in the HOF it will be the greatest injustice ever!
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russell Wilson, Super Bowl QB vs Tony Romo "I choke in crunch time"......hmmmmm, let me ponder that.

Uh.....NEGATIVE!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
    >>>Russell Wilson, Super Bowl QB vs Tony Romo "I choke in crunch time"......hmmmmm, let me ponder that.

Uh.....NEGATIVE!<<<

I hear ya! Lawnmowerman is on some pretty good drugs.image He even has Romo better than Luck!image

If you want a QB that chokes when it counts and NEVER takes you deep into the playoffs much less a SB.......Romo is your man!

I hope he has to retire and forces Jerry to get a real QB......but I'm only dreaming! Maybe Indy will give us Luck for Romo based on Lawnmowerman's QB rating system.image
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I think we all know who takes the drugs here dimeman lol!
    Btw, I could have qb'd the Seahawks to that sb win with that defense.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vikings could have used him. Until (and IF) Bridgewater develops into a good quarterback, I would take him. We could play him on defense! LOL
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
    Dimeman reprimanding someone about player ability is like a blind person telling the ref he missed a call.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Funny grote - so I guess you think Romo is better than Luck! If so, your more of a Romo homie than I thought.

<< <i>Funny grote - so I guess you think Romo is better than Luck! If so, your more of a Romo homie than I thought. >>

I am with Dimeman on this.

<< <i>Funny grote - so I guess you think Romo is better than Luck! If so, your more of a Romo homie than I thought. >>

No, I'm still trying to recover from your assessment that Chuck Muncie is better than Barry Sanders, actually...after that pronouncement, one in any right frame of mind cannot take any of your opinions seriously.

Luck? Like I said in my previous post, if I use your method of evaluation, Romo is a first ballot HOFer and at least as good as Peyton Manning. Case closed.

<< <i>

I am with Dimeman on this. >>

Custer was, too..

<< <i>

<< <i>

I am with Dimeman on this. >>

Custer was, too.. >>

Custer also left the Gatling Guns at home. image

Text
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Using Dimeman's evaluative logic, I'd say that Romo is a lock first ballot HOFer and better than Manning.

I second, third and fourth that thought. He simply will never fully understand the job of the other 11 players on the field when the opposing team has the brown ball.
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Btw, I could have qb'd the Seahawks to that sb win with that defense.

Lawnmowerman, dont use the "D" word around Dimeman. He really does not get that idea.