Home Precious Metals
Options

APMEX is now a US Mint authorized Gold seller

Can buy directly from the Mint now. One of ten companies that can do so. I wonder if this will allow them to lower prices every so slightly.
Previously they were a silver reseller.

APMEX News: APMEX Named Authorized Purchaser of the United States Mint
By CoinWeek on July 21, 2014 9:09 AM

APMEX News: APMEX, Inc., one of the nation’s largest online precious metals companies, is now an Authorized Purchaser with the United States Mint to purchase gold and platinum bullion coins directly from the United States Mint.

Previously, APMEX was an Authorized Purchaser of the United States Mint silver bullion coins and with this announcement joins a select list of only 10 Authorized Purchasers worldwide that may purchase gold, platinum and silver bullion coins directly from the United States Mint.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    last premium I have seen for direct buyers is $2 over spot from the mint.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can buy directly from the Mint now. One of ten companies that can do so. I wonder if this will allow them to lower prices every so slightly. >>

Old news...
    cheaper??? Lol, no it means their margins go up, they are interested in making moolah...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can buy directly from the Mint now. One of ten companies that can do so. I wonder if this will allow them to lower prices every so slightly. >>

I thought they had been for several years now??

I see you're dbtunr from the Yahoo Boards. You made some good posts over there when CLCT was around $10. image
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>

I thought they had been for several years now??

I see you're dbtunr from the Yahoo Boards. You made some good posts over there when CLCT was around $10. image >>

You mean $4
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    update in OP.

Previously they were a silver seller, now gold and plat
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That does mean that they won't be pulling a "tulving" on anyone.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That does mean that they won't be pulling a "tulving" on anyone. >>

??? Was not Tulving an AP?...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tulving was not an AP

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    So, what does pulling a Tulving mean? I thought we liked Tulving. At least we did two years ago. Did I miss a falling out? Did we break up with Tulving?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So, what does pulling a Tulving mean? I thought we liked Tulving. At least we did two years ago. Did I miss a falling out? Did we break up with Tulving? >>

Tulving broke up with us. Bankruptcy info here - Tulving Chapter 11 Report July 24, 2014 9:35AM EST

Article says Secret Service seized a safe. That's not good.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered from Tulving successfully many times until about 2007 or so, and I considered his previous history of financial malfeasance to be well in the past.

In retrospect, I'm lucky that I didn't get burned. My antenna went up when he increased the size of his minimum orders to dealer-type quantities and became somewhat hostile when questioned. You never treat customers rudely and expect to make money.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.