Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1914 China Dollar

TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
One of the bases of my enjoyment of coins is the good value that a coin represents. Of course, beauty and eye appeal are part of the equation, and sometimes one has to reach for a coin, but for me, if I don't see a monetary value, I usually stay away.

The instant coin is one that represents fantastic value, at least now. I think I purchased it in 2005, I think silver was relatively low back then, and I think I paid just a bit over melt. I know I paid $15 for it. I knew nothing about world coins at the time and went into a dealer friend's shop to purchase something, but he had nothing in my area so I just started to look at his world coins. I spent about $600 that day on a lark, including several coins that I bought because I thought they were pretty. This is one of the coins, a 1914 dollar, Y-329, which happens also to be a DDO, with doubling most apparent at the eyelid. I'll let folks guess the grade for a bit before I tell you the grade but I will say that the colors are prettier than the photo suggests.

Any grade guesses?

Tom

Comments