Home Precious Metals
Options

Counterfeit Libertads?

This seller appears to be selling and admitting the coins are counterfeit. Not sure if the photo is a stock photo or the actual item sold. Geez, is there no end to the counterfeits. You have to be very careful with every single purchase of any type of bullion these days. Take nothing for granted. I give it the eye test, the ring test, weigh it, and the magnet test for everything bought. Starting with considering who I'm buying from. Next step is specific gravity.

Ebay Libertad Sale
Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.

Comments

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    All in all, I'm not too unhappy they are stating its fake in the title and description as it could be much worst.

Guess If I could sell a fake for $35, I'd write fake all over it and sell it too. Its just ironic that its fake and more
    than the original and has a good chance at selling.
    COA
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I stopped being surprised by eBay about two years ago. I've reported countless fakes - obvious fakes to even the novice eye - and they have remained posted for sale. I have reported bootleg DVDs of Krause catalogs, which are blatant copyright infringement, and they've remained listed. Meanwhile, once upon a time, I had a gift shop replica from Sri Lanka that was pretty cool, and I listed under eBay's "tourist souvenir" category - which is NOT a coin subcategory but rather a completely separate branch of navigation - and eBay staff deleted after just 12 hours. I called to ask what the problem was and they couldn't give me an answer. I have called to ask why counterfeit listings which I reported have not been taken down, and they have no answer. EBAY SUCKS!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE