Home Precious Metals

trying to determine price on nice peace dollars

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
My 2013 red book shows a base of $33-35 for VF - AU~. I got several of those if not better. Is that a valid range today?

Anyone know of a site that help one grade Peace dollars?
COA

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Apmex shows a buy price of $21.00 for up to XF. A few bucks more on AU.
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    in pm arena red book is worthless, maybe it can be used to coax some more dough out of a collector...
    keceph `anah
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Was wondering about that. But the morgan/peace world seems to play by its own rules. I figure knock off a few dollars off a sold bid on ebay and that gets you to a general value of what someone may pay in person. So I start with a buck or two more. And I mean if you have nice stuff. People really like nice stuff. I got a few I want to sell that way, a few at a time.... (I ran out of room on the table...) I'd like to get 1.5 ounces of nice gold stuff for the silver I'm going to be selling.

<< <i>in pm arena red book is worthless, maybe it can be used to coax some more dough out of a collector... >>

COA
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in those grades, rebook isn't useful.

you're working off spot silver in those grades.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>in those grades, rebook isn't useful.

you're working off spot silver in those grades. >>

One major US dealer sells the F-VF's for $24 (50% over intrinsic spot silver price).

I suspect they're paying a lot more than "spot." (currently each silver dollar has $16.05 of pure silver in it).
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold