Home Sports Talk
Options

Stuart Scott's Speech At The Espy's

orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
Stuart Scott's speech at the Espy's tonight was incredible. Has to be impossible to watch the entire thing with a dry eye. It really hits hard when someone in your own family is battling cancer. Best line from the speech, "When you die, that does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live." Really hits home and makes you think.

LINK to Video
What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)

Comments

• Options
    ashabbyashabby Posts: 471
    Just watched did not know it had been 7 years. I saw jimmy v in Cedar Rapids iowa with bobby knight one of the best nights
  • Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three years ago I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It usually is a death sentence, I got lucky they found it early and have made a nice recovery. Every word Mr. Scott spoke hit me hard, at the end of his speech when he hugged his little girl I broke down knowing how much my wife and daughter also mean to me and my recovery. When looking down the barrel of life all you can do is fight like hell, never stop fighting!!!
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Three years ago I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It usually is a death sentence, I got lucky they found it early and have made a nice recovery. Every word Mr. Scott spoke hit me hard, at the end of his speech when he hugged his little girl I broke down knowing how much my wife and daughter also mean to me and my recovery. When looking down the barrel of life all you can do is fight like hell, never stop fighting!!! >>

Way to go Marty !Here's to a long, happy life! image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Marty ... it's always so nice to hear about another SURVIVOR! GOD BLESS and keep up the fight!!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭✭
    I was diagnosed with cancer in September 2011. 2 surgeries and 4 rounds of chemo later.....I have a clean bill of health. I think it not only changed my life; but in a strange way cancer saved my life. It gave me something to overcome and to focus on the things that are worth living for. Many folks on this board were in my corner and sending me well wishes all the time. I looked forward to reading the messages. They always brought a smile. I look back at my battle with cancer as a special time in my life. My work, friends, sports card family and family rallied around this terrible illness and in turn it became a story of triumph. I don't think a day goes by that I don't think of it. I focus on the positives that came from such a struggle. In regards to Stuart Scott.....he is a very strong man. Incredibly devoted to his family and profession. His speech was moving. I pray that he lives longer as his battle appears to be getting tougher.
  • Options
    ashabbyashabby Posts: 471
    I pray each day they find something to stop this. I am blessed it does not run in family but have had many people I know have this fight.
  • Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was diagnosed with cancer in September 2011. 2 surgeries and 4 rounds of chemo later.....I have a clean bill of health. I think it not only changed my life; but in a strange way cancer saved my life. It gave me something to overcome and to focus on the things that are worth living for. Many folks on this board were in my corner and sending me well wishes all the time. I looked forward to reading the messages. They always brought a smile. I look back at my battle with cancer as a special time in my life. My work, friends, sports card family and family rallied around this terrible illness and in turn it became a story of triumph. I don't think a day goes by that I don't think of it. I focus on the positives that came from such a struggle. In regards to Stuart Scott.....he is a very strong man. Incredibly devoted to his family and profession. His speech was moving. I pray that he lives longer as his battle appears to be getting tougher. >>

I agree, when you go through what we did life changes in so many ways. I feel grateful for a second chance, stay strong.

-Bob
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.