Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Probstein123 is moving offices !!

Probstein123 is moving offices !!

Effective July 15th, 2014 , the new mailing address for Fedex and UPS packages to Probstein123 is:

Probstein123
258 Main Ave
Passaic NJ 07055
===========================================
For USPS , please continue to ship to our current PO BOX:
Probstein123
PO BOX 1079
Clifton NJ 07014
=============================================

Please come visit us at the national in Cleveland , booths: 1725 , 1729 , 1824 , 1828 !!!

Thanks and Hope that all is well...

Rick Probstein
Probstein123
rickprobstein1@gmail.com
973 747 6304
Rick Probstein
Ebay Store:
Probstein123
phone: 973 747 6304
email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!

Comments

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the move and don't stress too much.........................moving sucks.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Congrats on the move and don't stress too much.........................moving sucks.
    ==> agreed
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    please stop shilling your auctions mr probstein

i was going to bid on the ted williams/ dimaggio signed photo that's on ebay until you or one of your chronies started shilling. the bidder with 33 feedback has 97% bid activity with you. hmmmm yeah right

this isn't the first time this happened. it's a shame

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=380973368654&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    It's probably the consigner not probstein.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Blind accusations just because you lost out on an auction? State your name and be banned. There is no room for negative posts on these forums.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options

<< <i>please stop shilling your auctions mr probstein

i was going to bid on the ted williams/ dimaggio signed photo that's on ebay until you or one of your chronies started shilling. the bidder with 33 feedback has 97% bid activity with you. hmmmm yeah right

this isn't the first time this happened. it's a shame

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=380973368654&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565 >>

Somebody call the wahmbulance.
  • Options
    I wonder if Wes Spece ever figured out where the new office is
  • Options
    You mean the Wah Wah Wahmbulance

• Options
    who's west spencer?

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    actually guys, I don't think he's too far off from the truth other than stating that it was probstein himself. I've noticed very phishy auctions as well. some I've won, others I haven't.

he does have "employees" that are paid a percentage of what they bring in, right? could be them. as others stated, it could be the consignors or "friends" of the consignors. the correct statement might be along the lines of policing his auctions properly. once you get above a 50% bid rating and/or the same card gets auctioned off not once, twice, but three times only to be finally listed at a "buy it now" auction, even the closest of probstein allies have to admit something isn't necessarily kosher.

and yes, before anyone regurgitates: "well he does run over 1 billion auctions a year and there's bound to be some auctions that don't get paid for", the $20 items always get paid for, it's the high dollar items that always seem to never get paid for and get relisted the next week (and on some occasions, the week after that)

off to go get some french crys and a wahburger.
  • Options
    Same can be said for PWCC or some other consignment services, do you think major auction houses give two s#%!$ that a friend of a friend shilled an item.
    If you dont like it don't participate. If an item is a must have you have to pay to play.

• Options
    exactly. so why are you guys giving this guy sh!t about stating the obvious/truth....
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>There is no room for negative posts on these forums. >>

I couldn't disagree more.

That said, there is no room on these forums for unproven allegations.

It's one thing to point out suspicious bid histories, it's quite another to state as fact that it is the seller or their employees doing it.

As akuracy pointed out, this is not a problem isolated to just Probstein, or even to just consignment sellers.

Even if eBay and consignment sellers alike wanted to stamp out shill bidding, the tools just aren't there to do so completely.

Unfortunately our choices are either avoid eBay (or at least consignment sellers), bid what you feel is fair and accept you may get shilled up in the process, or snipe in an attempt to minimize the chance of getting shilled.

Snorto~
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>or snipe in an attempt to minimize the chance of getting shilled. >>

Is it possible that there are still people who don't snipe? Baffling......
  • Options
    bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>or snipe in an attempt to minimize the chance of getting shilled. >>

Is it possible that there are still people who don't snipe? Baffling...... >>

Don't get Dpeck started!!! image
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options
    or snipe in an attempt to minimize the chance of getting shilled.

when the one shilling the auction, whether consignor, employee, oswald or whoever is also sniping, I don't think sniping has the effectiveness you think it does.

and if the guy has a 97% bidding rate as claimed, is it really that much of a coincidence? I've never noticed a 97% rate, but how do you even begin to effectively defend that one...

also, I haven't done my research w/ a majority of other auction houses, but I've never seen pwcc list the same card 3 times and never get paid for, then list as a buy it now for the last bid prior to the shill bid.

when it comes to probstein, I actually work backwards...I just stick in my bid that i'm happy with, if it goes over, then so be it. everyone else, i'm in the bell tower with a bottle of water and a few packs of saltines just waiting for the last seconds of the auctions before I begin to set my sights and regulate my breathing pattern....
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    good for you. MAybe now you'll act on my eBay complaint whwre you shorted me 2 cards from the 40 1968 BB that I got several weeks ago. Or at least answer my emails. Wait never mind--for $20--you can have them back
  • Options

<< <i>good for you. MAybe now you'll act on my eBay complaint whwre you shorted me 2 cards from the 40 1968 BB that I got several weeks ago. Or at least answer my emails. Wait never mind--for $20--you can have them back >>

is this comment for me? because i've never sold anly 1968 bb cards.

and the winner of the williams/dimaggio has a 100% bid activity with probstein. i'm not whining, it's just annoying when shilling takes place
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    You make a big deal about the buyer having 100% of his bids with Probstein, but he only placed 3 bids in the last 30 days and they were all in pursuit of winning this one item.

In the last 30 days, how many other sellers have listed a Ted Williams & Joe DiMaggio Dual Signed 8x10 Photo AUTO PSA/DNA LOA HOF at auction with a 99 cent starting bid?

There are few few sellers like Probstein and PWCC that run high quality auctions with insignificant starting bids. This type of auction attracts a wide range of buyers, from those who buy all the time to those who rarely find something they want to go after. They don't have a lot of sellers running auctions like this to choose from so their bidding activity will be weighted towards sellers listing things they want to bid on.

Bidder Information
    Bidder: r***g ( 59142Feedback score is 50,000 to 99,999)
    Item description: Item Title: Ted Williams & Joe DiMaggio Dual Signed 8x10 Photo AUTO PSA/DNA LOA HOF
    Bids on this item: 3

30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 3
    Items bid on: 1
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100% Help
    Bid retractions: 0
    Bid retractions (6 months): 0
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You make a big deal about the buyer having 100% of his bids with Probstein, but he only placed 3 bids in the last 30 days and they were all in pursuit of winning this one item.

In the last 30 days, how many other sellers have listed a Ted Williams & Joe DiMaggio Dual Signed 8x10 Photo AUTO PSA/DNA LOA HOF at auction with a 99 cent starting bid?

There are few few sellers like Probstein and PWCC that run high quality auctions with insignificant starting bids. This type of auction attracts a wide range of buyers, from those who buy all the time to those who rarely find something they want to go after. They don't have a lot of sellers running auctions like this to choose from so their bidding activity will be weighted towards sellers listing things they want to bid on.

Bidder Information
    Item description: Item Title: Ted Williams & Joe DiMaggio Dual Signed 8x10 Photo AUTO PSA/DNA LOA HOF

30-Day Summary
    Bid retractions (6 months): 0 >>

This is literally hilarious.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options

<< <i>You make a big deal about the buyer having 100% of his bids with Probstein, but he only placed 3 bids in the last 30 days and they were all in pursuit of winning this one item.

Bidder Information

30-Day Summary
    Bid retractions (6 months): 0 >>

Thanks for bringing this to light. I will stop wasting my time on this thread now. Someone please explain to spongebob.