Home Sports Talk

What was your nickname when you played team sports?

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
Face it we all had one. I never competed in an organized league, but played a couple times a week in a fairly tough pick up venue just outside of Detroit. As I was generally the tallest and didn't shave for the Sunday morning games, I picked up the handle "Vlade" after the LA Center from a couple of decades ago.

Comments

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Fergi

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • ashabbyashabby Posts: 471
    I had a few based on the group I played with.

Lock down. I liked to play defensive in basketball. Was tall enough to guard most positions and quick enough to guard smaller players.

Uwe bob after the center at Indiana name Uwe blab
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Bear
    Good for you.
  • Redskin
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Al Bumen
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Redskin >>

I think it was racist. To each their own.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Meat
  • GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Gravy
    Nathan Wagner
  • bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marty
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joey
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than a few, including:

1. Ike;

2. Sanction;

3. Iker Sanction [a play on the Clint Eastwood Movie "The Eiger Sanction]";

4. Rotunda The Dancing Stallion [never understood that one since when I played hoops in high school and college I was very skinny]; and

5. Dr. Love.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    After I hit a shot to put my middle school team into the district playoffs, I threw the ball into the stands and started jumping up and down and screaming. This got me the nickname "Wildman" for a few years.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.